Severe sickness (UK)

babenumber3

Reaction score
So after only 2 months of ttc I had a positive test today. I am roughly 10dpo and due March 3rd, so mega early days. I have an l.p. of 12 days, so I am due on Thursday, Friday at the latest but I feel positive about this pregnancy.

I have two kids already, My first, the sickness hit just after 6 weeks, it was all day but I could manage some foods and I still managed to get to work ok (quite a few cases of jumping off the bus go throw up though). By 16 weeks it had passed.

My last child, bang on 6 weeks, I threw up on the bus. By 7 weeks I was on that medication that dissolves on your tongue, an anti sickness that I don't remember the name of. By 8 weeks I was admitted to hospital for fluids. I ended up on ondansatron. I took this,and sometimes the dissolving one, until about 22 weeks. I couldn't eat or drink anything, unless i had medication. Then I ate lots of potato .

I'm really nervous. Will my sickness be as severe again? Will I be able to put anything in place with my gp before 6 weeks in case? I was so poorly last time, I swore I would never have anymore children... (babies are so cute though, right??)

Luckily I never went back to work, so regular daily bus trips won't matter. But I do the school run twice a day and have a 2 and a half year old to chase after! We are also going on holiday in 6 weeks... just in time for my sickness (and I pray it doesn't happen) to peak.

Hiya,

I had HG with my first and was in hospital by 9 weeks. This time round I went to the doctor as soon as I felt like it was going that way (Going off food, constant nausea, vomiting on and off) I was immediately prescribed cyclizine which is what I was on last time. I did have a rough few weeks and had to call my husband home from work to look after our daughter once, but I'm 10 weeks now and feeling a ton better!

It's entirely possible that you'll be fine this time, but if not I strongly recommend getting out ahead of it by starting meds early. I was still bed ridden at 10 weeks with my first. x

I would wait and see how it goes but any hint of sickness getting worse go to your docs straight away and he can give you something x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->