Severely blocked fellopian tubes and pregnancy

Thanks girls.
Firstly- I'm so sorry your IVF/iui's have not worked- but don't give up yet I really do believe you will all get your miracle babys. You really will cherish every moment sooo much so when you do. You girls are always in my thoughts and if you don't mind I would still like to follow your journeys. I'm very aware of the sensitive nature of the journey you's are on and won't post anything about my future journey on here directly. Even though I have not posted in a while I was always reading but scared to comment in case I upset anyone.

Kcarey- Quick recap- HSG last june showed blocked tubes proximal end (looked into egg sharing then in great depth in case I needed to do IVF as recepient pays for your IVF or majority of it in exchange for half your eggs) - Lap & Dye surgery in sep to try and unblock them but they were blocked both ends (proximal and distal) they were twisted and pulled away from my ovaries and also stuck to my pelvic wall- my consultant did not even try to unblock them as they were so bad- grade 3tubal disease. I was told IVF was my only option and that I was the perfect candidate as my ovaries and uterus were normal. My partner of 12yrs and I split up as he did not want to do IVF and at even said he no longer wanted a baby! we had sex once at halloween and in Nov my period was late. After 10days went to clinic for pill (I had saw the photos and knew I could not have a baby naturally and could not cope with the mental torture of 'what if?') she had to do a pregnancy test before prescribing the pill and PREGNANT!!! sister had to pick me up as I was in so much shock I was shaking. went to hospital to check it was not eptopic- had lots of tests and US over few wks told pregnancy high risk especially until 15wks.
Consultant etc do not know how it was possible- he really is a miracle baby.

Girls I really do think IVF is the best option when your tubes are damaged. A friend on here had the same surgery as me lap & dye to try and unblock her tubes it was successful but she never got pregnant so she did IVF and now has twins- boy and girl (wannabepreggo)
My other friend (pcct) had tubal issues and had her tubes removed before starting IVF she fell pregnant first try and is 20+ weeks.
Kcarey- If I was you I would def have your tubes removed before you try IVF again and maybe talk to pcct again/indepth. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. xxx

Hope all of you are doing well ladies. Just to give you an update. My HSG report shows all clear. There was spillage on both the tubes. I don't know why 3 perfectly timed iui s didn't work. I have an appointment with my FS Tuesday next to discuss the next course of action. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks girls.
Firstly- I'm so sorry your IVF/iui's have not worked- but don't give up yet I really do believe you will all get your miracle babys. You really will cherish every moment sooo much so when you do. You girls are always in my thoughts and if you don't mind I would still like to follow your journeys. I'm very aware of the sensitive nature of the journey you's are on and won't post anything about my future journey on here directly. Even though I have not posted in a while I was always reading but scared to comment in case I upset anyone.

Kcarey- Quick recap- HSG last june showed blocked tubes proximal end (looked into egg sharing then in great depth in case I needed to do IVF as recepient pays for your IVF or majority of it in exchange for half your eggs) - Lap & Dye surgery in sep to try and unblock them but they were blocked both ends (proximal and distal) they were twisted and pulled away from my ovaries and also stuck to my pelvic wall- my consultant did not even try to unblock them as they were so bad- grade 3tubal disease. I was told IVF was my only option and that I was the perfect candidate as my ovaries and uterus were normal. My partner of 12yrs and I split up as he did not want to do IVF and at even said he no longer wanted a baby! we had sex once at halloween and in Nov my period was late. After 10days went to clinic for pill (I had saw the photos and knew I could not have a baby naturally and could not cope with the mental torture of 'what if?') she had to do a pregnancy test before prescribing the pill and PREGNANT!!! sister had to pick me up as I was in so much shock I was shaking. went to hospital to check it was not eptopic- had lots of tests and US over few wks told pregnancy high risk especially until 15wks.

Girls I really do think IVF is the best option when your tubes are damaged. A friend on here had the same surgery as me lap & dye to try and unblock her tubes it was successful but she never got pregnant so she did IVF and now has twins- boy and girl (wannabepreggo)
My other friend (pcct) had tubal issues and had her tubes removed before starting IVF she fell pregnant first try and is 20+ weeks.
Kcarey- If I was you I would def have your tubes removed before you try IVF again and maybe talk to pcct again/indepth. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. xxx[/QY

You have a beautilful baby! Congrats! Your story is amazing! More people should learn about it. You give hope to all of us! I stopped fearing if I ever get pregnant. I am going to get preggo one day, so I am sending positive vibes to my brain and soul.
I am healing my possible blocked tubes with a castor oil. I started 2 months ago. I wonder if I wait for IVF another month? My Dh wants me to wait. I feel the healing started....
PLease read more about castor oil:

https://natural-fertility-info.com/castor-oil-therapy

https://www.naturalnews.com/034558_castor_oil_health_benefits_blood_flow.html

Best of luck for all!

Thanks girls.

Kcarey- If I was you I would def have your tubes removed before you try IVF again and maybe talk to pcct again/indepth. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. xxx

Thank you so much for taking the time to write that comment. It really is a miracle that you have your son. You are so blessed! I hear stories like this from time to time and It makes my heart smile. I just wish it would happen to me. These IVF treatment is killing my bank account! The next round will be another $10,000 after meds and monitoring are added.
I remember your story now, and I hope I'm not being too personal but are you a single mother? I thought they father came back into the picture? Anyways, if you are a single mother YOU GO GIRL! :thumbup:

I personally will never get mad for someone sharing their joy- yes, it makes me sad sometimes but not enough to be a bitter old hag bitching about everyone else's joy of motherhood..lol! I'm very happy for you!
I have two consults with different RE's and I'm going to ask them about my tubes. The conventional ones want to take them and the conservative ones say to keep them- I'm really torn. But, I was just told that my two failed FET's were due to the quality of my embryos- that makes me even more concerned.

Hope all of you are doing well ladies. Just to give you an update. My HSG report shows all clear. There was spillage on both the tubes. I don't know why 3 perfectly timed iui s didn't work. I have an appointment with my FS Tuesday next to discuss the next course of action. Will keep you all posted.

My doc was telling me that if you had scar tissue in your tubes previously the cilia in the tube, hair like structures that guide the egg to the uterus, may not be functioning. My right tube has been open since April and no BFP. I just switched docs and my new doc let me know about this. I had a lap in november and my old doc removed ALOT of scar tissue from my tubes and around my ovaries. My ovaries and uterus are fine. My tubes are the problem.

My doc was telling me that if you had scar tissue in your tubes previously the cilia in the tube, hair like structures that guide the egg to the uterus, may not be functioning. My right tube has been open since April and no BFP. I just switched docs and my new doc let me know about this. I had a lap in november and my old doc removed ALOT of scar tissue from my tubes and around my ovaries. My ovaries and uterus are fine. My tubes are the problem.

Hi ilovegoob, thanks for the input. When I went with my hsg report to my fs he said the same thing too that the fimbrae(sp?) or finger like structures may not be working properly. He has advised to go for 2 more cycles of iui. If nothing then we move to ivf in late fall/early winter. What are your plans?

Hi ladies! Great thread here :)

Just wanted to share my story. Had an ectopic pregnancy about a year ago which was surgically removed leaving me with a severely damaged tube onto left side. My right ovary had already been removed years before that so my left side was the I my chance I had to get utd. I was gutted when it was ectopic as I knew it would affect my fertility forever.
Was told to keep trying anyway even though the odds were practically non existent. I had and hsg two months ago to check on my damaged tube and the results showed it was blocked. I were upset but knew this was going to happen.
I was supposed to start ivf early next year and then two days ago I got a bfp! It's unbelievable and a compete Miracle for me.

Here's now hoping baby is in the right place and took the long way around!

Never give up hope xx

Hi ladies! Great thread here :)

Just wanted to share my story. Had an ectopic pregnancy about a year ago which was surgically removed leaving me with a severely damaged tube onto left side. My right ovary had already been removed years before that so my left side was the I my chance I had to get utd. I was gutted when it was ectopic as I knew it would affect my fertility forever.
Was told to keep trying anyway even though the odds were practically non existent. I had and hsg two months ago to check on my damaged tube and the results showed it was blocked. I were upset but knew this was going to happen.
I was supposed to start ivf early next year and then two days ago I got a bfp! It's unbelievable and a compete Miracle for me.

Here's now hoping baby is in the right place and took the long way around!

Never give up hope xx

Thanks for sharing. You did got a miracle BFP. I heard before stories like yours and BFP! Egg travels to the other tube, if it can't enter the blocked one. What a perfect construction we have! Body heals and does wonders!
Thank you for giving us hope with your success.
Wishing you happy and healthy 9 months!

That's great news! Congrats on your BFP!
AFM- I am repeating my HSG (for safe measure) one last time 9/5 to determine if it is truly hydro. My RE said that my left tube is patent which is wonderful! However, she still suggests a bilateral salpingectomy...
Good luck ladies!

Hi ladies not posted in many months. I just want to give you hope and let you know I welcomed my rainbow baby boy into the world on 20th September at 35 weeks gestation weighing 6lb 2oz. It's been a tough 2 years having my stillborn angel at 36 weeks, mmc, ectopic pregnancy and then told tubes were blocked. I went it an amazing consultant who removed cysts, scar tissue and flushed my tubes in December 12. I then fell pregnant 1st month of trying. It was the most stressful 35 weeks of my life with constant hospital visits but he's finally here.
I wish you all well on your journey and hope your dreams come true. Don't give up hope. Thank you for being there for me in the tough few months I was told my tubes were blocked. You all made me feel welcome and that I could talk to you about my worries.
Lots of love xxxx

Hi ladies not posted in many months. I just want to give you hope and let you know I welcomed my rainbow baby boy into the world on 20th September at 35 weeks gestation weighing 6lb 2oz. It's been a tough 2 years having my stillborn angel at 36 weeks, mmc, ectopic pregnancy and then told tubes were blocked. I went it an amazing consultant who removed cysts, scar tissue and flushed my tubes in December 12. I then fell pregnant 1st month of trying. It was the most stressful 35 weeks of my life with constant hospital visits but he's finally here.
I wish you all well on your journey and hope your dreams come true. Don't give up hope. Thank you for being there for me in the tough few months I was told my tubes were blocked. You all made me feel welcome and that I could talk to you about my worries.
Lots of love xxxx

CONGRATULATIONS! You are truly blessed and an inspiration. I am having my Right hydro tube removed next week. Then moving onto IVF again.

Hello Ladies, I hope it's not weird for me to pipe in so late, but I'm curious. In your opinion - IVF
Ok, so I've had two ruptured ectopics. Both resulted in partial salpinectomy. Should I have the rest of my tubes removed or does it matter?
Ectopic scares the crap out of me- Ignorant OBGYN kept sending me home both times until I almost died.
Not to mention having to LIVE knowing I did everything I could to prevent having my tubes removed, but this OBGYN could hardly understand the fear of infertility, as she produces twins naturally. ^&&$*(#&(#*(@^$(@! gag

Hey ladies hopefully no one minds me bumping in with my story been ttc almost 3 years had a laparoscopy and dye test last July found both tubes were blocked they opened up both tubes with hydrotherapy more spill on the right, my left ovary is working but my tubes are scarred and we were told our best option would be IVF last month I had a follicle count and they found my right ovary is lazy only one under developed follicle we are looking forward to ivf in beginning April but our doctor has also said to keep trying anything is possible in the world of nature! He said that a lot of patients waiting to start ivf end up falling pregnant! Good luck to you all xxx

Welcome Stacey and bkrispy. It's been quiet around here but a few of us are around. I'm exploring some additional testing and considering immonlogical issues so I have not had any treatment since the summer.

Hi girls how you all doing? Not a day goes by when I don't think of you all. Kcarey how's the treatment going? Have you had your tubes removed yet and moved onto your next ivf cycle? Anne lawyer, chick how you doing? Bektoria CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you. I bet your cherishing every moment with your special little man. I wish all you girls still waiting for your bundles of joy all the baby dust in the world. Xxx

I had both tubes bilaterally blocked. I went on a holistic journey, started taking serrapeptase, cinnamon poria and doing castor oil packs. After 4 months my right tube unblocked. I just started clomid yesterday. If it is not fluid in your tubes, it can be unblocked naturally.
Hello I have the essure and I wanted to take the holistic way out also. I wanted to take serrapeptase to see if it would work with unblocking my tubes. What is your opinion?

Good afternoon! I realize I am several years late to this thread but am wondering if I can get any updates from anyone? I was told when I was 17 (now 30) that both of my tubes were completely blocked and that I would never get pregnant naturally. I had a tubal pregnancy in August of 2014. I have since changed doctors and my new doctor has scheduled me for lap and something called chromotubation. Has anyone had success with this? What exactly is this? Success rates? Anything would be helpful.

Good afternoon! I realize I am several years late to this thread but am wondering if I can get any updates from anyone? I was told when I was 17 (now 30) that both of my tubes were completely blocked and that I would never get pregnant naturally. I had a tubal pregnancy in August of 2014. I have since changed doctors and my new doctor has scheduled me for lap and something called chromotubation. Has anyone had success with this? What exactly is this? Success rates? Anything would be helpful.
Hello, come across your post by chance when searching for tubal surgery. I’m booked for laparoscopy in 2 weeks (quite nervous about it!) I have also had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured in April last year, unfortunately I lost that tube and it was found at the time of the surgery my other tube is blocked . I’m 31. I hope you don’t mind me jumping on your message, but I wanted to see how you got on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->