Sex 3 days before ovulation, could i be PG?

xclairx

Reaction score
Hi guys! So me and my husband had sex what i think was 3 days before i started ovulating. Im not too clued up on knowing when i ovulate etc (yet) & my periods neva seem to come on the same date every month but i put it on an online ovulation calculator when i came on my period last and it gave me an estimation of when i should ovulate.
Question is going by this... me & my hubby had unprotected sex 3 days before ovulation, then he had to work away for a week. Can i be pregnant? Also, i am due on my period 16th of this month, how soon can i take a HPT?
We both want a baby so a positive would be fantastic news for us :)
xx

You definitely can get pregnant if you had sex 3 days before ovulation since sperm usually live 2-3 days in the fallopian tubes (and sometimes longer). Obviously, it can increase your chances a bit if you do it a bit more often and closer to ovulation, but it's not impossible at all. I'd say your chances are especially good if you don't actually even know when you ovulated (those calculator things can give you a rough few days but they aren't especially accurate) so it's possible you actually ovulated earlier than you think. The early response tests are supposed to be accurate 4-6 days before your missed period, though of course, if you hold out a bit longer it might improve your chances of getting an accurate result. Good luck!

there's definitely a chance. as the poster above said sperm can live for up to 2-3 days sometimes up to 5 days. so because you had sex 3 days before ov, sperm may have been waiting for the egg! im in the same position as you. had sex 3 days before ov but not during ov! hopefully we caught the egg! good luck!x

there's definitely a chance. as the poster above said sperm can live for up to 2-3 days sometimes up to 5 days. so because you had sex 3 days before ov, sperm may have been waiting for the egg! im in the same position as you. had sex 3 days before ov but not during ov! hopefully we caught the egg! good luck!x

Thank you :thumbup: and best of luck to you too! cant wait to find out! xx

Yes you can be pregnant. I know for a fact I got pregnant with my Ava 3 days before I ovulated. It was the only time we DTD so i know for a fact it was 3 days before.. Good Luck XOOXOX :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm in the same boat. I know this post is from a few months back. I'm curious what everyone's results were? I have no idea when I ovulate. I'm not due to get my period for another 11 days. But for the past 2 days I've had cramping/pressure and urge to pee. But that's way to soon to know your pregnant. 3 days ago??

Lamb76

I am in the same boat as you. I am not sure when I ovulate either and I am also trying and hoping . I normally get PMS symptoms (like 5-6) 2-3 weeks prior to having my cycle and this month I just started to feel cramps today and I am due to start my cycle on 10/13 hope it doesn't come that would be great news. However I feel like my cycle is coming :-(. I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us! :flower

im in the same situation as a lot of you,
im trying to concieve i have been with my partner amost 8 years i have been under the hospital as i have pcos (polycystic ovarie syndrome) so they put me on clomid to help me ovulate i have been on it for a while and last 2 month i have been taking 150mg of them days 2-6 of my peroid. my periods r iregula i went hospital last week (thursday 4th oct) for them to scan and see if im ovulating and they told me to start having sex (which i have been doing:blush:) as i should be ovulating i had sex tuesday and wednesday before i went to the hospital and friday and sunday could i be pregnant? i have got to go back hospital 11th oct for blood test to c if i did ovulate and get results monday 15th is there a chance i could be pregnat please help me i really want to be

Claire2712
Did you find out your results?
Have any of you found you were pregnant?
I always come upon these blogs but don't ever hear whether the results were positive. Please let me know your results. I'll post mine in about a week.

My cycles are usually right on schedule, including when I ovulate, if I do.
This time I ovulated 2-3 earlier and it was a surprise! I wasn't expecting to ovulate so early and my ex-husband and I had sex 3 days prior to ovulation. (We still love one another and have been seeing one another for 7 months)
Anyhow...I'm not sure if I could get pregnant because we tried for years. The only success was 3 years earlier with the help of AI. We miscarried at 10 wks. This time, I began feeling early symptoms about 4-5 days after ovulation.
So I decided to begin taking progesterone just in case and to help assist in maintaining a pregnancy, IF we in fact, are pregnant. The symptoms were there prior to beginning the progesterone and they are only getting stronger.
Still not sure myself if it's possible :shrug: but considering the symptoms before the medicine, I'm thinking there is a strong chance.
I know the symptoms because I have two older children and have been pregnant a total of 7 times.
I should begin my cycle in 3 days since I ovulated earlier. Crossing my fingers.

May I ask your results? I'm extremely curious. Crossing my fingers.

Hi everyone I just signed up to this to try and share my story. I'm sorry If I go into tmi. Ok so here's my story....

My first day of my last period was 30th September. I'm unsure when I ovulated and the days a had sex sorry. All I know is that I usually have a 28 day cycle sometimes longer. Anyway I was due on my period yesterday 28th. 5 day prior to that I had some blood when I wiped. It was only 2 little spots but it was red. I thought of this could be my period, then when I looked at my diary and realised It was 5 days early I thought there's no way it can be my period. So I looked on the Internet at implantation bleeding. A lot of websites and people said it was only brown. I tried not to think too much into it but like you know it's very hard.

I couldn't hold off so I took a test about 3 days after the bleeding that said negative, so I put it back into the packet. Yesterday no af so I took a yet that came out positive. I wanted to just compare it with the other test as the second line was there but faint. I checked the test I did previously and that also had a faint positive line that I missed. So now it looks like it was implantation bleeding and I am now pregnant

I think that implantation bleeding can be very different for everyone. My lasted one day, never came out only when I wiped and was 3-4 times out of the day then nothing. So just keep positive . X

I'm sorry I'm new to this and I just bombed Into the thread. Like everyone has said yes there is a chance you can be pregnant. First response tests are really good best to wait as long as possible (a lot easier said than done I know)
Best of luck ladies let me know xxxx

hi all new to this! love your prayer and my thoughts are with you all!
anyone ever got pregnant with concieving days before ovulation? im on 3rd cycle and 3rd cholmid take and TTC and have intercourse 2 days before ovulation, husband works away so never can get spot on fingers crossed???

Hi I am new to everything. This is my first time TTC so we are excited. I am going through the same thing to where we will have try 2 days before I ovulating because my husband will leave for training 2 days before I am scheduled to ovulate. I am hoping we succeed.

Hello, okay I need some help or advice right now me and my soon to be husband are trying to conceive we are getting married on june 21st this year we just wanna start the baby process up already. We went to the in laws house for 2 weeks we had sex pretty much everyday unprotected camr back home had sex the 15th of febuary then again on the 24th 3 days after this I got my period which is the 27th of febuary I'm having bad cramping and kinda heavy blood. I know tmi but hey were all adults here lol. So my point is, is there even a possibilty that I could be pregnant or no I'm def not? Pleassssssse help I'm nervous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->