Sex after episiotomy???

xJessie91x

Reaction score
Just wondering when you first DTD after an episiotomy? I had a 2nd degree cut with stitching, they seem to have healed. wondering how it was for you and when did you do it? Im only 5 weeks 1 day pp so not had a doctors check yet but midwife said I was healing well at 2 week check :)
Thanks in advance xx

I had an episiotomy (not sure how big of cut it was, they didn't tell me) We didn't dtd until 5 months pp, but I am still bfeeding and I think the dryness made it much worse for me. A lot of it is in my head, I still get really anxious when we're gonna dtd, but generally it's fine. I'm sure you'll have no problem, just relax and use lots of lube x x

We dtd at 6 weeks. I was nervous but it actually didn't hurt except for the first minute or so but then it felt great! Just make sure you're well lubricated and take it slow!

I had a 2nd degree episiotomy with a 3rd degree extension tear.

I had a 3rd degree episiotomy and felt healed after about 4/5 weeks but waited until 7 weeks to :sex: cos i was nervous that it would hurt and we were both knackered but we used lots of lube and my oh went slow and i just tried to relax and it was great! No pain and i even had an O!!! :) If you feel ready then go for it! Have fun! :)

tried after 5 weeks, agony!! still hurt for 6 months later

I had a cut and a tear which both required stitches we waited 6 weeks and even then I was petrified! My oh was great though and was very gentle wiith me and took it slow we also lubed up before hand lol I was quite nervous with having sex for about 6 months after always thought it was going to hurt and just as I started relaxing and really enjoying sex again I fall pregnant again lol

Im 10 and a half weeks pp.. we tried at 4 weeks which hurt so much(tmi) the I wouldnt let him inside. Again at 6 weeks and it wad better still very painful and after I could barely move. Long story short intial penetration hurts but doesnt last long. Just gotta loosen it all up again lol.. I think its gonna take.time.. but try to relax. Worrying aboit it hurting makes it hurt more!

We tried a couple of days ago and it really hurt even though the doc said I healed nicely. (~6weeks after 3rd degree tear extended from episiotomy)

Thank u all not really sure when to try, bit nervous lol x

Thank u all not really sure when to try, bit nervous lol x

Wait until you feel ready, too soon and you'll be too nervous and that will make you tense up. You'll be fine, maybe a check with the doctor first would help to reassure you x x

We dtd 4 weeks after, I was nervous but we took it very slow and it was fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"