sex after section?

chocojen

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondered when it is ok to have sex after a section? And does it hurt?:blush:

i did it at 8 weeks post section. it would have been ok before this as my scar was healed but i was going back on the pill so wanted it in my system.

I found it painful. We hadn't had sex for a few months and i had attempted forceps before the section which may have made it worse. i was upset cause i assumed after all i'd been through that sex would be easy as i hadn't had vaginal birth. so i googled it and other women said they had same thing and during a section you insides get all pulled around and bruised and this includes your cervix ect. now please don't worry... other women post section (including some friends) didn't had a problem. it was fine the second time. use plenty of lube and take it slow. xx

Thanks tristands mum, I too had forceps attempted so I guess I should be prepared for this.
Stupidly hadnt even thought about contraception!!!!!!! what an idiot so glad you siad about this, definitely dont want to get pregnant again any time soon!!!!!

I had sex 5weeks after. IT HURT! SO FREAKING BAD! We've had sex 3 times now and it still is so very sore! I feel bad for DH but I'm really just not as interested in it anymore. He hits my cervix and I feel like crying!! (I did the first time- he got too carried away)

And maybe TMI but I never had a problem with lubrication ( :blush: very wet) and now it's not the same at all.

i dtd at 5 weeks post section and ive been having burning everytime i dtd, but only on entry (sorry tmi) it also burns when i put a tampon in!!

We dtd 5 weeks pp and it really hurt. We waited till 7 weeks to try again, that time is hurt a bit but not as bad and only went he went deep. I had an EMCS and LO was serverly stuck in the birth canal, so maybe thats why it was worse deeper:shrug: Then at 8 weeks it was fine. We used lots of lube and took it slow each time.

we havent had sex yet as im having my depo jab on friday so need wait till next friday b4 im safe, falling preg right after a c-section would be a very risky thing to do, but after my last 2 sections with my other 2 kids i waited 9 weeks, think it was more fear than it hurting, when i did do it we took it slow and it didnt hurt, try and be as aroused as u can for the first time, even try some lubricant as after having baby our hormones are out of wack and can cause dryness (sorry tmi), take it slow hunny and make sure u protected :haha: xx

We did it about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks after an emergency section. It did hurt but it wasn't too bad. Now however 12 weeks on, it still hurts, everytime for some reason and I also get a burny feeling too. I don't understand it.

We did it about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks after an emergency section. It did hurt but it wasn't too bad. Now however 12 weeks on, it still hurts, everytime for some reason and I also get a burny feeling too. I don't understand it.

try using some lubricant hunny, u may find ur dryer than u normally would be due to hormones, the burning could be from friction, give it a go if it persists see ur GP :) xxx

I did about 3 weeks after. It didn't hurt as much as I expected. Just a little uncomfortable at first for the first few times.

We did it at six weeks, it was very sore and like a bruised feeling the first couple of times but has went back to normal since. I think it was just being out of practise in my case.

OH and I did it about 2 weeks after my c-section. I used lube and went slow, it only really 'hurt' on entry, more burning. I've noticed I am very dry down there -- use lots of lube :)

I feel quite lucky then - we did last night (14 days post caesarean) and it wasn't painful. We did the 'spoon' position so there was no pressure on the wound. It was nice to feel my pelvic floor working properly!

We DTD 3 weeks after my EMCS. It didn't hurt for me, we used loads of lube and took it slow. :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->