sex and sweep?

mummynummy

Reaction score
so im having a sweep on the 10th september and me and my partner is having sex every other day as i heard that semen helps ripen the cervix up.
i was wondering as its my third baby and with my other babies i had at least two to get it going and also i was overdue, with this baby i be 37+5 weeks so whats the possibility it will work?

i like to hear your stories about early sweeps and sex? :haha:
was it successful?

it wouldn't worry me if it don't work as i kinda don't want him to come too early and i know it can take up to a few days to work also i got my induction booked on the 18th.

thank you

I couldn't even get an early sweep :( dr was totally willing to try but I'm not dilated enough for even a fingertip...! :(

I had my first two early, they both came on their own terms.
This one, I've had two sweeps already and I'm currently stuck at 4cm and the most pregnant I've ever been. It's definitely worth a shot, but no guarantee. If anything, it's just making me more impatient.
Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear that they didn't work, I thought the more babies its more successful.
Thank you a hope your babies come soon :)

so im having a sweep on the 10th september and me and my partner is having sex every other day as i heard that semen helps ripen the cervix up.
i was wondering as its my third baby and with my other babies i had at least two to get it going and also i was overdue, with this baby i be 37+5 weeks so whats the possibility it will work?

i like to hear your stories about early sweeps and sex? :haha:
was it successful?

it wouldn't worry me if it don't work as i kinda don't want him to come too early and i know it can take up to a few days to work also i got my induction booked on the 18th.

thank you

A sweep worked for me however it was a day before my due date and I ready had a show and was 2cms.

I personally think yor body has a clock and you tend to deliver at similar geatation a (most people do anyway) for example if a woman has had 4 kids and has gone to 42 weeks with all she will most likely do the same again.

My first was born at 39 and 5 days and my second born early hours of 40 weeks so j think he probably would have been born around then regardless of sweep however it probably helped progress things a bit faster.

We had sex which caused contractions so that did help but a bit if tmi everything was a bit bloody because I had such a massive show x

My body has just been weird this time. I lost my plug a week ago and was having contractions every 2-3 minutes.
This all being said, I've been up all night with very strong contractions. I think baby is coming today. :)

This is my fourth pregnancy and I had sex the night before my due date, a sweep on my due date followed by sex a few hours later, and sex the day after due date. Had contractions for hours after sweep, but still pregnant!!

Sweeps never worked for me, I don't know what counts as an early sweep but I had them from 39 weeks last time. I'll be declining them this time as they do nothing for me my babies are stubborn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->