Sex during pregnancy???

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
This may sound dumb, but is it okay to have sex in the very early stages of pregnancy, more specifically 4-9 weeks preggo? I know that sex can't cause an MC, but sometimes im not sure if we should or not. Did you get any sound advice from a doctor or midwife about this topic? And if so, what did they say?
thanks bunches girls! :flower:

Sex is good for you and your baby as long as you're not on pelvic rest and it is not painful!

I haven't spoken to my doctor about it, but hubby and I have still been having sex and everything was fine at my scan last week.

well me & my OH do it more than ever now:blush:
so it should be ok

Sex is perfectly fine unless told otherwise by your OB

Thanks girls! :flower:
Um...i dont see my OB until 8 weeks. do you think it would be okay or should i wait to talk to her? The DH is dying :rofl:

Um...i dont see my OB until 8 weeks. do you think it would be okay or should i wait to talk to her? The DH is dying :rofl:

I think you'll be fine just to go ahead...unless it hurts, then you can always stop.

thanks!
So, then is hurting the sign to stop?
In other words if it feels "normal" than its okay? I know this sounds so stupid but i dont want to mess anything up.

You know, if it is really a concern for you, then wait till 8wks. You and DH will just have to be more creative until then. There are other ways to offer him relief and pleasure without sex:blush:.

Look darl I honestly think it is perfectly safe, however alot of women have this very concern, so my logic is, if it worries you then wait, I am sure your DH will understand perfectly.

Tell him usually by 2nd tri your hormones are out of control and want it more and more ( I did with previous pregnancies), alot of couples have a increased sex life during 2nd tri, so tell him you will make it up to him then LOL LOL LOL.

My hubby and I concieved through IVF so he has been waiting for a long time, because I have been on progesterone pessaries LOL LOL

thanks!
In other words if it feels "normal" than its okay? I know this sounds so stupid but i dont want to mess anything up.

In fact because of increased blood flow it might feel even better than normal :winkwink:

thanks!

yep, if it hurts stop, but it won't hurt and can't mess anything up, bean is safely tucked away safe and sound.

Thanks for your advice ladies! :friends:
I might just give in anyways because i want to :blush: HAHA

sex is fine, the only thing is your cervix is alot more sensitive and it can bleed easily, a tiny bit of blood is ok if its after sex etc... you may also bleed after your swab or pap or whatever they do for prenatal care where you are... But if your worried you should stop.

I was sort of worried too, plus my sex drive diminished after I got my bfp (poor poor dh). We've only had sex twice since my bfp and the first time was a few weeks ago (around 6w) and it was a little uncomfortable but didn't hurt and no blood. We finally did it again the other day (8w1d) and though it made me feel like I was gonna pee, it didn't hurt and I even orgasmed:blush: which I wasn't expecting (since I was concentrating on not peeing lol). It was a different kind of "O" too lol...more of a vibration feeling kind of thing heehee. Definitely worth repeating though...

Hey Guppy,

I found you on another thread. :)

I went to my doctor today for testing (prior history of low progesterone, etc.) and I asked the same question and he said it was fine to :sex:, but as most are saying, if you don't feel comfortable then wait. :winkwink:

Hope you are feeling well. My scan is set for the same day as yours. It was the only morning appointment they had and my hubby wants to be there. :thumbup: I am secretly praying for twins although I think he will pass out immediately! LOL!

Keep me posted.

i have completely lost my sex drive since becoming pregnant... finally did it for the sake of my oh the other night and felt like crying the whole time. is this normal?? xx

My OH said "oh well least we can still have jiggy jiggy!" but to be honest I have only just found out about being pg and my cramping is quite uncomfortable so might have to turn him down. I feel like I cant stand any pressure at all on my tummy just now.

We haven't had sex since i found out i was pregnant, which is down to various reasons.

I've lost my sex drive
Im constantly bloated
I am sick 2/3 times a day which means sex really doesn't appeal to me :haha:

i am yet to have sex as to tired and feel sick and worried he may dislodge this one. as has mc i has this idea in my head completley irrational as been told i will be fine to have sex just to worried so he will have to wait a bit yet till i feel comfortable baby ain't going anywhere

its supposedly fine but i understand that it sort of goes against our protective instincts!

My OH sees me as some kind of incubator so wont even touch me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->