Sex is sore...but I had a c-section?!

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by steph1505, Dec 14, 2009.

1. steph1505

steph1505 Well-Known Member

Hey! I was wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences or can suggest any cures?!

I had my LO 17 weeks ago and my OH and I have only had sex 4 times, and 3 of times we havent been able to finish because I end up in tears due to pain! I thot sex would only be sore after birth if you had a vaginal delivery?! It was never sore before we had Brandon!

Its like a really burning pain...as if Im 'raw' iykwim?! Kinda like sandpaper!

Am I alone in this?! x x x

2. Scally

Scally Well-Known Member

I am exactly the same. We have only bedded twice, and i am really sore (had c section), my theory is that we havent for ages so will be tighter (sorry tmi) , and i think the more i tense up the worse it gets. Not much advice, i found ky jelly helped alot.

3. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Maybe you are too dry, there's nothing more painful than trying to have sex without enough lubrication, as Scally says try some KY.

4. pip holder

pip holder Well-Known Member

Steph - me too :blush:
    I googled and its a hormone change post birth no matter what form of delivery :growlmad:
    :hugs:

5. steph1505

steph1505 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much!! Im so glad its not just a problem with me! I think I'll be takin a wee trip to the chemist tomorro!

Thank you so much :D x x x

6. Cheesepuff

Cheesepuff Well-Known Member

+1, I had a c-section and sex felt really sore afterwards, KY helped a lot and I am finally getting back to normal now after giving up BF a month ago....