Sex = Labor

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Laura--x, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

You know they say have sex to get labor going... well what actually is it that triggers off labor if it's going to work?

I thought it was the semen.. but everyones telling me you need to do it rough and in certain positions and all these different things?

Surely if its the cum that softens the cervix or whatever it does, it doesn't matter how long or how rough you do it?

Just a question!

2. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

tbh i would of thought a good session would be the equivalent of having a sweep!!

3. classyburd

classyburd Mummy to Archie

I thought it was something in the semen aswell.

O well i wont get to try this theory out as my OH wont come near me :(

4. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

Maybe it's a bit of both!! I had a sweep the day after I was due. The MW told me to go home and....'get your hubby to give you a good seeing to...' :shy: He did and my waters broke at 4 am!! I dont think the sex triggered it but it was a welcome side effect!! :lol:

5. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i always thought it was the hormone in the seaman, the same hormone they give you to induce labour? i always thought a good session started me off too ;)

6. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Well because atm well sex is really painful for me, we havn't done it since 10 weeks just because i havn't wanted to at all, but done 2 nights ago, then again last night.

It's that painful i can't enjoy it, i just have to tell him to cum as soon as he can. Don't know if this is defeating the object then?

7. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

no idea,
    But apparently it's the semen...but me and OH have sex everyday and he cums and nothing has happened so far...we are also sometimes rough and would say surely if he sweeps cervix it's same as a sweep but....STILL NOTHING :(

8. JJF

JJF Finished at 3

I believe its something in the semen also that is supposed to relax the cervix. I tried it a ton with my last pregnancy and it never seemed to work :( But keep trying, something it bound to work soon, haha

9. mummy to be

mummy to be Cautiously Pregnant

ohhhhhh soooo going to have :sex: every morning and night untill bubby comes lol... hehehehehehe well..... fingers crossed lol

10. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

WEll i heard, it was

Rough sex. Tried it :happydance:
    Different positions. Tried it :dohh:
    You orgasming. Tried it :cloud9:
    loving relaxing sex. Tried it :blush:

Then i read............
    **************It is thought that prostaglandins are absorbed more efficiently through the gut than through the vagina. (Note: you may prefer to keep this piece of information to yourself!)
    ***************** From Baby centre.

TRIED IT!!!!!!!!! (twice last night) which is about as much as im willing to try that! :blush::hissy::blush:

Nope!

Only thing i think in terms of sex thats worked for me, is on my first sweep, it did seem to get rid of my plug in pretty much one piece and the rest within 12hrs of the session.

11. Sherileigh

Sherileigh Well-Known Member

We just talked about this in our pre-natal class....there are 3 parts to it...nipple stimulation, orgasm and semen. She said that if your OH cums (she probably didn't use that word though! lol) in you 3 times in 24 hours it's the equivalent of one of those cervical dilation thingys...Not sure what the nipple thing or your orgasm does...but apparently it helps!

12. tat

tat Expecting #3

We had sex night before last and still nothing.. I also tried this for my daughter and nothing happened.. It would have been nice for something to happen though.. lol.. I'm miserable at this point.. I will be having my son 1 week from tomm!! Can't wait.. Good luck to everyone..

13. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

Nipple stimulation and orgasms produce oxytocin or whatever it's called, which is the natural hormone which triggers labour. The orgasms are also supposed to encourage your uterus to contract. The semen contains the same thingie as the gel they put in you.

However, I think you already need to be dilated for it to work so that the semen can get through. I know a lady who is overdue and has had 2 sweeps now and after her sweep yesterday the midwife told her she was 2cm dilated and to go home and have sex and then put her feet up with a glass of champagne and relax!

14. mummy to be

mummy to be Cautiously Pregnant

hahahahaha i love the get a sweep, go home have :sex: then chill out lol hahahahahahha classic :) Lets hope my MW says that lol

15. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

I always believed you had to be doing it several times a day for it to actually make a difference.. and if it triggers labour after one session then it's a fluke.

I also believed it was the orgasm and the semen that helped - semen to soften cervix and orgasm to get the contractions going.

I dunno!! There's so much conflicting advice.

16. geogem

geogem PREGNANT!!!

All I know is I tried everything last time and I was still 10 days overdue!! Although I must admit I will be trying it again this time!! If it fails at least we'd have had fun trying!!

17. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

Been to the midwife this morning and she advised, to shag and make sure you keep your bowels moving.

"sex while eating a curry will do it" LOL
    :rofl::rofl:

Thats a lot of multitasking if you ask me!

18. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

I think baby is going to come when they're ready tbh but that won't stop me trying out all the tips I hear ;)

19. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

Well I have been at it like a rabbit this week and zero!
    Also eating curry and zero!

Having fun though! LMAO

20. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

:rofl:
    LMAO - can just imagine it now... "darling, you know how some people like to bring food into the bedroom..? Well, I thought that instead of licking ice cream off you, I could lick curry off you" :rofl: