Sex, orgasms and masturbation?! Opinions and advice ...

taylorttc

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

7 weeks pregnant today and totally still worrying and flapping about everything, will not begin to settle until 12 weeks scan.

Anyways, sex, orgasm and masturbation in pregnancy what is everyone's thoughts, opinions and experiences ?? :dohh:

I have said to OH I was worried about sex and orgasms in first tri 'just in case' however this morning we were both super horny sorry tmi and had a bit of fun with a few toys and sex.

I orgasmed through clitoral stimulation, enjoy every second but as soon as it was over I've been a nervous wreck.

Had no cramps or anything, not felt any different infact. Just a matter of worry, and what ifs! Can anyone share their thoughts, or experiences ? Especially in first tri, as I can't settle :dohh:

Thank you ladies xxx

I was really cautious in first tri with previous pregnancies, but kind of relaxed this time and ive had no problems from sex/orgasm. Its kind of nerving and I even check for blood now after dtd (which is rare!).

Some people get full uterus feeling or cramps after sex/orgasm, completely normal :). I do make dh go abit easier while im pregnant though, cervix can be easily irritated.

Enjoy your sex life while you still have drive! :winkwink: xx

I was terrible when I was pregnant with both my children. I wouldn't let my husband near me because I was so paranoid (but it did take us forever to conceive our first so I think that's why I was extra paranoid). Luckily my husband completely understood so I don't think we did it at all for 9 months!!! Jeez, that's a long time to go without although with my second, I think we did a couple of times.

But they say there's nothing to worry about and that it won't harm baby unless the doctor tells you there's a reason not to, like placenta previa or whatever x

Aw thank you so much for your replies!!!

I haven't had any cramping or anything, don't feel any different at all, I'm just cautious.

It's taken us 2 and a half years to conceive and the thought of something going wrong breaks my heart :cry:

I'm hoping all will be fine, fingers crossed!!

How different are clitoral orgasms compared to orgasms through sex??? :dohh:

Xxx

It's perfectly safe and healthy unless you gave had complications and been advised otherwise by your doctor.

I don't know if we have an active or normal sex life, but we don't go long without it. We immediately celebrated our bfp with a night of love. And I mean we were standing in the bathroom with the test and went straight to the room and had sex. We continued to have sex at our normal rate of at least 4x a week. We just slowed down recently with husband's late working in which I masturbated a few times to orgasm.
I have had two doctor appts and an NT scan and so far, so good. Going in for gender scan on January 3rd. Of course I am paranoid, but like hubby is quick to remind me: The odds are in our favor.

It honestly never even occurred to me to not have sex due to possibility of miscarriage.

How different are clitoral orgasms compared to orgasms through sex??? :dohh:

Xxx

Not alot a wouldn't of thought. Same kind of sensation so chill out and enjoy ;).Unless you're on docs orders to not have any sort of inter course then its perfectly fine to carry on a sex life. Our reduces dramatically maybe 5 times in whole 9 months, but thats just because I find positions too uncomfortable (awful lower back pain since week 16).

It will be your due date in no time and you'll forget you even worried about this :hugs: xxx

My hubby and I have kept up our sex life like normal and nothing has happened to be worried about. Sometimes i get some pretty moderate, period-like cramps after orgasm but it goes away after 20 minutes or so. I've read that it's perfectly normal and only to worry if there's lots of bleeding accompanied by the cramps.
Sex is a great way to bond with your partner during pregnancy :) and also the endorphines from the orgasms can help with the everyday stresses of pregnancy so I say do it as often as you like unless told otherwise :)

For me and my dh, we've paused sex for the time being. I got cramps even when I stimulated myself at 5weeks, then some more cramps after a vaginal ultrasound in 8weeks. So that's enough to scare the sh** out of me. I honestly can wait on the sex for 9 months no problem since I know my body is sensitive now and I will lose my mind if I lost this baby. For men, it's harder they cant last that long so i help him enjoy sex just without the penetration so we don't lose complete intimacy the entire time I'll be pregnant.

Thank you all for your input :hugs:

Helps ease my mind when I know other couples are still enjoying sex and orgasms, I am a total nervous wreck but I haven't felt anything since yesterday no cramps or anything. :thumbup:

After my 12 week scan I will probably wind down and enjoy my pregnancy, but until then I'm cautious. :coffee:

Im hoping christmas and new year will help me relax and take my mind off things :thumbup:

Im starting to get morning sickness, so I've brought a bunch of Ginger Nut biscuits into work with me :haha: excuses to eat nice foods!!

xxx

Through my last pregnancy every time I orgamsed my uterus would contract like crazy go rock solid and scare the bjezzeus out of me! But all was fine! Xxx

I wouldn't worry about having sex unless a midwife has warned you about it x.

I think sex, orgasms, and masturbation in a normal low risk pregnancy is perfectly fine. Once I hit 18-20 weeks I stop having sex and orgasms due to my risk of premature labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->