Sex to get things moving .... Maybe TMI!!

Boomerslady

Reaction score
As some of you know I had a sweep yesterday and I was 1cm dialted (so I'm guessing my cervix is soft!) but I've had no pains, or extra plug, or any signs at all since. I'm keen for him to come naturally as induction is a scary prospect.

Firstly....is there any point DTD now that my cervix is already soft?

Also my OH has said he just can't do it! The MW could feel my babies head yesterday and this has freaked him out!!!

I'm sure if we did do it, I wouldn't have the big O (which I know is meant to help) but it feels so clinical I know it won't happen!! Soooo I said to my OH all I needed was his 'stuff'!

He suggested he could get himself excited to the point of no return, and then just quickly go inside me!!!!!

Would this work?? Lol sorry thinking of it makes me laugh, but if it helps I'll give anything a try!! What do u ladies think??

lol i havent got a clue but you gave me a giggle :D
Good Luck

Lol hahaha Your OH is so thoughtful.... that really made me giggle!

I lost my plug 12 days ago, i was 3cm's dilated on Friday and i have DTD everyday since... and still not one single pain!! I think i read somewhere that you would need to DTD 24 times a day for there to be enough sperm to bring on labour!!!... I think it's more down to you having the big O and starting the muscles contracting.... so i doubt it will work i'm afraid!

Hehehe it made me laugh sooo much when we were discussing it!! He then remembered I told him ages ago some people suggest swallowing 'it' to get things moving....he was more than happy to try that!!

OMG 24 times?? Sod that, once seems like too much effort!! I think I'll leave it for now! I've never ever actually had the big O (it's sad :( but I'm just odd!) so there's no hope of that happening no matter how into it I get.

Thanks for replying.

as mummabump said, i lost my plug weeks ago, and still nothing.
i dnt really think anything works, i think they just come when they are ready to be honest. (except induction!) lol

Sex is supposed to work for two reasons: semen contains prostaglandins, which soften the cervix. Orgasm (yours not his!) releases oxytocin - the hormone that brings on contractions.

So....*cough* if your cervix has already softened, technically you don't need a bloke at this stage :p

I don't think there's any evidence sex or orgasm actually helps or hinders, but it might be a decent distraction :D

Cant hurt to try....mind you I dont think I'll be getting any, me and Hubby have DTD exactly 3 times since we got married on Halloween.

I'm far too unwieldy and he thinks its a bit weird now.

Thanks ladies :)

Snoopy, I like the idea of not needing a bloke now!! I think I'll just sit on my arse and not bother!!

Em, I lost my plug on Sunday, but the doc said I should lose more after the sweep yesterday (I think she lied!!!) I'm booked in for induction on Sunday so am thinking of ways to get him out before then, my OH keeps shouting 'come out' to my belly but it's not working!!

Think my birthing ball will be attached to my bum all day now!

Snoopy, I like the idea of not needing a bloke now!! I think I'll just sit on my arse and not bother!!

Now THAT is a plan I can relate to! :thumbup:

Get dancing hun! Supposedly to help quite a bit.

And a friend of mine's foolproof tactic for inducing labour.....book a load of appointments for the next few days (spa, hairdresser, lunches with friends) and Sod's Law says you'll have to cancel :winkwink:

Thanks ladies :)

Em, I lost my plug on Sunday, but the doc said I should lose more after the sweep yesterday (I think she lied!!!) I'm booked in for induction on Sunday so am thinking of ways to get him out before then, my OH keeps shouting 'come out' to my belly but it's not working!!

LOL mark does this to my tummy too! makes me giggle ... i really want a sweep now, i just feel like nothing is ever gonna happen, i need a glimmer of hope, my SPD is crippling and my mw doesnt seem to give 2 poo's :growlmad:

I really hope things move quickly for ya chick :) xx

C'mon Emman...we gots to get em out tomorrow!!

Chance would be a fine thing eh?

I agree with emmanbump.... nothing works!!!

I have tried EVERYTHING!! DTD, Curry's (vindaloo), Parsley Tea, bouncing on the birthing ball, driving over sleeping policeman FAST!!!, Long distant jogging on the Wii Fit.... Nothing works!!
Although Jogging did give me a couple of hours of strong BH's but i couldn't keep it up i thought i was going to have an asthma attack!!

Hehehe it made me laugh sooo much when we were discussing it!! He then remembered I told him ages ago some people suggest swallowing 'it' to get things moving....he was more than happy to try that!!

OMG 24 times?? Sod that, once seems like too much effort!! I think I'll leave it for now! I've never ever actually had the big O (it's sad :( but I'm just odd!) so there's no hope of that happening no matter how into it I get.

Thanks for replying.

what about a trip to ann summers to help you reach big O?
xxx

yeahhhh chuck, id bloody love to have her tomorrow =D
is it just me or has our due date come round really quick?

I must say i havent really tried much to get things going, ive been naughty lol ...
i was tempted to have a curry but i hate them so its pointless, and i rly cant bring my self to DTD atm, im too uncomfortable lol however i have been going on reallly long brisk walks tht knocks me out when i sit down lol xx

I'm booked in for induction on Sunday so am thinking of ways to get him out before then, my OH keeps shouting 'come out' to my belly but it's not working!!

I'm Sunday for induction too and have had my arse stuck to this ball since getting back from daycare this morning.

MW suggested the ball, RLT, then proceeded to whisper quietly S-E-X! It was only me and DH in the room with her and he was the one who got me in this state to begin with:haha: so dunno why the whisper lol she then went on to whisper and demonstrate (not actually touching her boobies but making it look like she was trying to tune an old radio:haha:) nipple stimulation, DH nearly fell off the chair laffing lol!!!:dohh:

yeahhhh chuck, id bloody love to have her tomorrow =D
is it just me or has our due date come round really quick?

I must say i havent really tried much to get things going, ive been naughty lol ...
i was tempted to have a curry but i hate them so its pointless, and i rly cant bring my self to DTD atm, im too uncomfortable lol however i have been going on reallly long brisk walks tht knocks me out when i sit down lol xx

Its weird all of a sudden he should be here anyday!!

I havent really done much in the way of old wives tales...hubby wont DTD although I'm not really in the mood, I cant handle curry at the mo - heartburn, I do bounce on my ball though!

I keep getting annoyed at people saying I'll be a week late...I dont want to be a week late thats xmas!!!

Cant hurt to try....mind you I dont think I'll be getting any, me and Hubby have DTD exactly 3 times since we got married on Halloween.

I'm far too unwieldy and he thinks its a bit weird now.

Oh my god, i got married on halloween too an that was the last time me an my hubby had sex. sorry not on subject but thats just creepy weird!!

Oh my god, i got married on halloween too an that was the last time me an my hubby had sex. sorry not on subject but thats just creepy weird!!

We didnt even manage it on the wedding night...I was too tired and he was too drunk! LOL

I did PMSL when in the middle of the night he gets out of the 4 poster bed in the bridal suite, stumbles over to the door and tries to go out onto the landing...(he needed a wee) I shout at thim to go to the other side of the room (where the bathroom was) only for him to try again...LOL

I should have just let him wander onto the landing to see where he ended up or what he peed on LOL!!

The Halloween wedding was my excuse to wear a red dress and have people carve pumpkins for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->