SEX

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by 2ndtimelucky, Apr 15, 2009.

1. 2ndtimelucky

2ndtimelucky Well-Known Member

Im ttc at the moment and i was wondering if i need to have loads of sex to greater my chances of conceiving? Me and Oh have sex about 3 times a week or sometimes 2 times a week.

Was wondering if anyone else is ttc and how many times do you have sex?

2. Jessa

Jessa Guest

Well, in my experience, the more sex we have, the better chance we'll get pregnant. In both of my previous pregnancies, we had sex every day for about 10 - 12 days after my period stopped and got pregnant the first month trying (although, we're on our second cycle this time). That way, we cover all the bases and if we don't get pregnant I can be okay knowing it was just the luck of the draw and not due to my lack of trying....

Having said that, some people think that having too much sex depletes the number of sperm, but that hasn't been my experience.

Good luck....and remember, lots of sex means lots of fun! :)

3. charlz87

charlz87 TTC Cycle #4

We are on the Sperm meets egg plan. Basically every other night from CD 8 and then every night around OV time. Google it and it should give you the plan in full if you wanna know more.xxx

4. jemlou

jemlou Well-Known Member

I am assuming that, yes, the more sex the better, but what I really want to say is that I am jealous of all of you, my OH and I do shift work and a lot of time are like ships passing in the night! We are lucky to get it once a week, let alone every night!!!!!!!!! Am trying to convince my Oh that when he gets home from a night shift he really does want it, but doesn't always work!:rofl:
    Goodluck to you XXXX

5. broodylocket

broodylocket Well-Known Member

everyday is possible, unless oh has low sperm count :)

6. broodylocket

broodylocket Well-Known Member

just have fun with it though hun xx

7. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

Glad I'm not the only one who wishes I could get sex 2-3 times a week or say 2-3 times a month. That'd be nice. :rofl:

8. jemlou

jemlou Well-Known Member

Seity, glad to hear its not just me then, maybe we should start our own thread, how about .......................................................................... WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF A :bfp: THIS MONTH EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T MANAGED ANY :sex: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Guess we have to try and be relaxed about it all, not quite ready to use my OH as a sperm donor, but feel like handcuffing him to the bed and getting on with it!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl:

9. Ilove

Ilove Guest

I totally know how you feel:rofl:

10. MonkeyFeet

MonkeyFeet Pregnant after ICSI

Have sex as much as you can around your fertile days (just before you OV) some people say every other day so it has time to restock but on average a man releases many millions of sperm when he ejaculates, if he does it every day that may drop to a few less million sperm but it's still pretty high so I don't think you really lower your chances by doing it every day. As much as you can is probably the way to go and if you just don't have the energy then attempt to do it every other day :D

11. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

:rofl: Seriously, I have to temp and OPK, just so I know which day to sneak attack the OH in bed so that we even have a chance at that BFP.

12. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

we had sex everyday xx