Sh*tting bricks - Any luck with Metamucil???

I read that prune juice is one of the best ways to help. Nothing wrong with prunes, too!!!! I'll get both. Also doing kegel exercises is said to help.

I couldn't read the title to this thread and NOT comment! I think it's hilarious :rofl: (the title, not the issue you're having) I had quite the opposite problem with random bouts of explosive diarrhea :sick: Hope you find relief soon!

HAHAHA, glad you got some comic relief at my expense LOL jk I try to make it as funny as possible because....I mean, it's so gross!

I openly talk about about all the lovely perks of being pregnant - super swollen achy boobs, horrendous gas, explosive diarrhea, constipation, bloating, belching, acid reflux, etc. :laugh2: I love it when BnB ladies keep it real :thumbup: Plus... the immature kid in me still thinks poo is funny no matter what :rofl:

Dried prunes and apricots are big helpers.

I love prunes! Are the dried ones still kinda soft and smushy, like giant raisins? Yum! I'm gonna have to remember that if my doodoo takes a turn in consistency :thumbup:

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you ladies. It's called the crap diet. Cranberries, raisins, apricots, prunes. :)

Wlovew that's what my fissure does, feels like someone shoved a knife up my ass and lots of bleeding, if you sqwat over a mirror and push down a little you will probably see a little slit in your anus. It will heal on it's own as long as you get rid of your constipation, I fear I might need surgery on mine I've had it on and off for probably a year but I'm too embarrassed to see a dr!

Don't be embarrassed. Rectal doctors stare at asses all day, every day.
I went to a rectal surgeon once because of a pilonidal cyst. Lucky me, after it got so bad that I couldn't walk, sit, lie, or stand without being in pain, I did enough garlic and castor oil packs that it finally burst on its own the night before my appointment to have it potentially lanced. I still went in to have it checked out. It's weird having your butt in the air like that...but they cover up everything except for that they're looking at. I think that helps :)

I just came back to edit this and point out that, when I was learning to spell "embarrassed" I used "Bare assed" to help me remember the two "s" hahah get it...don't be embarrassed about being bare assed. ohhh it's been a long day hahah

I'd probably opt for a natural stool softener. If you're getting fiber and it's still not working...the fiber might be what's causing it to bulk up so much. A softener should help it come out a little easier. Just stay away from stimulant laxatives.
Aloe Vera juice is a good option - go for the whole leaf though, not just the inner fillet. The inner fillet lacks the outer leaf, which is best for helping to ease constipation and bulky poops.

And I know how you feel. I've always been an infrequent pooper with HUGE poops but now that I'm pregnant, I have to use the plunger every single time. Today it seemed like just a small ball but the "ball" was just wide enough to not fit through the toilet hole. Ugh. My husband is a plumber but I still like to joke that he doesn't know I poop. He plays along.

I have the opposite issue. I drink a lot, eat a lot of whole grains. I bought a pregnancy survival kit with pregnancy safe meds. If you were here, I'd give the the one for constipation

Does anyone know if dry prunes work??

Dried prunes are the only thing that works when my 3-year-old has constipation problems and they've worked well for me too. I just eat a couple every day. I'm not big on the texture but I choke them down! Prune juice didn't work for me at all.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you ladies. It's called the crap diet. Cranberries, raisins, apricots, prunes. :)

How fitting :laugh2: I'm going to remember that for later down the road when I end up passing stonehenge :shy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->