shall i lie?

Could you possibly express some colostrum and freeze it in syringes beforehand? And then thaw and fingerfeed (you drip it in by the side of the mouth while your baby sucks on your finger) it in stead of formula. I know colostrum is 'enough', but my little guy was big and wouldn't settle at all - my milk only came in on day 4 end- until I gave him 10mls of thawed, heated colostrum. He loved it and slept. Would the staff not be happy to have you do this, in stead of formula, if you could express some colostrum? Or ask them if you can fingerfeed the formula, as last option, rather than get baby confused with the bottle teat? Just thinking out loud, really. Good luck and I hope you have a good c-section birth, my own c-section was not planned but my recovery has been great!

thank you everyone for all the support! i feel alot more comfortable with what im doing now. the first thing ill do is talk to my doctor and tell him what i want, language is not a barrier as im from here, from what i know home births dont happen here,or water births, at least i have never heard of them.
just to let you know im not having the baby in a normal hospital, its a private hospital that i have to pay 3000 euros to have a c section in.
unfortunately my DH agrees that baby shouldnt be there all the time due to guests, i dont know what happens in other countries but its tradition that people visit every day when you have a baby and DH agrees that its best baby isnt exposed to those germs. and just a side note women here after birth due to religion and tradition dont leave the house until baby is 40 days old. not everyone does this,definitely not me! but just so you understand that they think newborns shouldnt be around people and that its safer for them to be germ free until they are 20.:haha:

just one question ladies, does it matter that baby will be here prematurely by 2 weeks? and by ceserean? i mean does that give them any reason to insist on formula? i told them last time i dont want to give baby formula and i disagree and they said he needs it and my milk hasnt come in yet yadda yadda, even though baby was latching on,getting colostrum and all was going well,when i got home though he screamed whenever i put him on the breast due to expecting the fast flow of a bottle i assume. AND because i was told to give him formula i did and he just stopped breastfeeding altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->