• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

shall I take this cycle as a bust?! ..

mytimewillcum

Ttc #1
Reaction score
Long story short me and oh have bd'd days leading up to my positive opk and the day of my positive opk but the day after my positive we didn't bd as me and oh had a pathetic row and he went to bed to sleep .. We will bd tonight but feel like I'm out before its even begun because we missed "ov day" tell me there's still hope :( its just they say to bd the day of your positive opk and 3 consecutive days just feel really crap,sad+ annoyed ..

Well... if there was sperm still in there (they can live up to 6 days) when you O'd then you're not necessarily out. Same sort of thing happened to DH and I and I'm not too hopeful because we were 3 days before O but it's still possible.

Hope that helps...

I've read that BDing on O day doesn't help your chances massively & it's actually the day before that is more beneficial! That being said, I've seen lots of charts on here & on FF that show BD one or more days before O that have resulted in pregnancy :) Good luck to you! I'm in the same boat. I think I Od CD22, but didn't get a chance to BD (because of a silly argument also!). FX hun xx

Sorry me being the American I am, I didn't understand "pathetic row". That being said that's exactly why we didn't BD too!

Sorry me being the American I am, I didn't understand "pathetic row". That being said that's exactly why we didn't BD too!

Hehe must be something in the air... I think we are both on the "anyone testing on halloween" thread If I remember correctly... Just hope I've done enough this month :)

I've read that BDing on O day doesn't help your chances massively & it's actually the day before that is more beneficial! That being said, I've seen lots of charts on here & on FF that show BD one or more days before O that have resulted in pregnancy :) Good luck to you! I'm in the same boat. I think I Od CD22, but didn't get a chance to BD (because of a silly argument also!). FX hun xx

Thanks so much I just need to think positive ;) ... I think we should all throttle are oh's/dh's!!.. blinking men who would have them :haha:

I think..I'm a bit more pee"d off as I started clomid this cycle and really wanted to "go for it" ... Guess time will tell :thumbup: ..

Oh goodness dear, you are far from out! You've only missed one day!
That sweet little four year old in my pic below is the result of sex 5 days before O. Have faith! :)

ok i'll shut up now then :haha: how cute is he ! .. Just so many ladies say or make out its a big MUST to bd on ov day ..clearly not ;).. :)

DCMum you just made my day!!!!

And yes mytimewillcum we are both on that thread. We'll see how testing goes :)

BDing on the days leading up to ovulation is most important because you want the sperm already there waiting on the egg. definitely not a bust cycle. good luck!.

I know you've heard this already but just wanted to add my two pence worth.. I totally don't think you're out. I personally ovulate within 24hrs of my +ve opk, i know this because my i get o pains about 16-18 hours after my +ve opk and by the next morning i have a temperature spike.

With my first pregnancy, i had the same scenario and i didn't bd the day after my +ve opk. So there is a lot of hope, good luck :flower:

I know you've heard this already but just wanted to add my two pence worth.. I totally don't think you're out. I personally ovulate within 24hrs of my +ve opk, i know this because my i get o pains about 16-18 hours after my +ve opk and by the next morning i have a temperature spike.

With my first pregnancy, i had the same scenario and i didn't bd the day after my +ve opk. So there is a lot of hope, good luck :flower:

Thank-you, I've done all I can this cycle so fingers crossed <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"