Shameful confessions about pregnancy tests

rachel2557

Reaction score
I had to laugh at myself a little today. I sat down and thought about how much I spend each month in tests, how often I test, and some funny things I will do because I'm so desperate to see a BFP. I wanted to start a thread for ladies who need a laugh about the insanity so feel free to post your confessions here too!

This month I've spent $64 on pregnancy tests.
I've POAS 7 times over 5 days.
I've taken apart 2 tests to look harder for a line that isn't there.
I've photographed one test with a high resolution lens so I could put it on photoshop and tweak it.
I've pulled 4 tests out the trash hoping I missed a line.
I even carried an FRER in my purse one month so I could test if I felt any different and wasn't at home (WOW) AND used it.

The list goes on for me! Its amazing what you find yourself doing when you want something SO bad. If you would have asked me when I started TTC almost a year and half ago if I thought I would become this crazy POASaholic, I would have laughed at you, but here I am - a crazy POASaholic :dohh:

If you can't beat them... join them!

Girl...you know we're all POAS addicts! I too am ashamed at my inability to wait on a missed AF! It is so hard and every month I am POAS at 10 DPO - sometimes twice a day!!!!!!

I am already lovin' this thread! LOL. Now I think I am going to go take apart a preg test :)

When you go back and look at your FRER tests or any other tests... Is there a faint pink line.. even an hour later. I just looked at mine after an hour and a half... and there is a faint pink line (def. pink) is it a BFP or did that just happen because a lot of time passed?? HELP!

@ capegirl7, they say that you can get false positives after a long time period. The tests I have say, do not read after 30 minutes. So you may want to do another and check it at 20 mins at the latest :)

:rofl: I am soooo bad too!
DH might put a halt to my POAS habit if he knew how much I spent.
I went through 20 IC tests in the past 2 weeks
I bought a pack of (expensive) clearblue digi tests so that I can use those to show my parents and in-laws if I get a bfp
I bought a pack of frer just because I thought maybe the IC weren't detecting it right
I have a special pee cup on our bathroom counter
I have a fancy LED flashlight to scrutinize the tests after
POAS is part of my morning routine
I have dug almost all of my tests out of the trash in hopes of a missed line
I dismantle just about every frer I take

I think the only cure for being a POAS addict is a BFP...although I think that even when I do get one I will still POAS just to see the two lines after so long of only seeing one.:blush:

:haha:

What an awesome thread!

My peeing on a stick routine also includes running back and forth from window to window to get the perfect lighting and flashlights...and of course most of the above. I was soooo relaxed when I started ttc, now, I'm a crazy person.

It is impossible for me not to obsess.

It's really comforting to hear others share this same addiction.

I will have my hubby hide mine and then like 5 mins later be pretty much down and hands and knees begging for just 1 that is all I need lol but I have went back to the trash and take apart stared til my eyes hurt and run to hubby and ask do you see anything what do you mean you dont see anything lol

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who digs them out of the trash! :oops:

Wish I had somer internet cheapies.....lol

I go to the 3 different pharmacy's and buy 2-3 tests at each.
rush home and just had to POAS...although I'm only 7dpo.
first one BFN...sure!! second one 8dpo....I SEE A LINE (yeah right, some severe line eye)...look at it all day at different angles and different windows...lol
Dont throw them out till AF arives! lol
And I take apart ALL HPT's!
And then just use some OPK's as HPT's for fun and really wish those dark lines could be a BFP

this is definately an awesome thread! i thought i was the only one!
i also:
break apart frer tests to look at them closer
hold them in day light, and above my lamp hoping to see a faint line
have a "pee cup" in my bathroom, & drawer where i keep all my tests.
i keep the tests and go back and look at them over and over again.
hoping to see a faint line, even though i know the time limit was up hours ago!
1st i was poas for opk's every day 2 or 3 times a day, now im poas for pg tests, even though i know its still wayyy too early (im only 3dpo) i just cant help it!
i used up all my ic's and now feel like a drug addict lying to my husband saying i'm "running an errand" but really sneaking out to buy more frer's for later! :blush:
i have bags of empty boxes & used tests that i hid under my bed (we've been ttc #2 for over a year so theres ALOT of tests) until my hubby wasnt home so i could throw them out in a random trash barrel so he wouldnt see them when he took the trash out...:oops::

glad to know im not the only one, and that you guys all feel the same!
hoping for BFP's for us all in the near future! :happydance:

LOL, this is a pretty funny thread...:haha:Glad to know that I am not the only one that TTC has made go bonkers....LOL:wacko::wacko::wacko:

My confession of crazyness is ordering a 50 pack of the internet cheapy tests and using the entire 50 all in one cycle testing.....:dohh: LOL....

And I spend way to much $$ on tests every month to, I have put them on credit cards so DH doesnt see that I bought more....LOL, or hid my purchase of HPT's from the drug store from DH....:wacko:

ROTFLOL, I love this thread!! :happydance: Even though this month is the first that DH and I have TTC (though we have been WTC for over a year now), and my TWW doesn't start until Thursday, I know myself well enough that last week I ordered 30 internet cheapie HPT to preemptively supply what will no doubt be my new addiction :blush: I added these to the stockpile of HPT that various different family and friends gave to DH and I 3 weeks ago as gag gifts at our wedding! And my poor, poor, naive DH seems to think that all of these tests will last us throughout all of the pregnancies we may have together (we want 2-4 kids) with a bunch left over. I had to laugh when he told me that! :rofl: Boy is he in for a surprise when, if our little bean doesn't take right away, next month rolls around and I have to order an whole new supply because I insist on testing 2-3 times a day after I O until AF starts up again.

Of course I wouldn't mind if the joke was on me and I actually did get a :bfp: on our first try :winkwink:

I love the stories! It's so much to fun to laugh about TTC for a change! :) You guys are SO awesome for sharing!

I am guilty of having a cup in the drawer AND taking back out of the trash AND sticking it 1/2 inch from my face to see if their is a faint line... I also go to the $store and buy like 10 at a time for $1 each and the person at the register says you know these work and i look at them crazya nd say i sure hope so if IM buying them. #Idiot

Hi my name is carisa and im a PAOS addict. shame on me :/

This month I've spent $64 on pregnancy tests.

Lol! You totally need to buy some cheapies online before you break the bank!

Oh, I'm including the cheapies that I buy and run out of so I run out and get FRERs to "hold me over". Its really sad. LMAO

Haha...then you better start buying the 50 pack!!!

oooooo, they have a 50 pack?? That sounds like it was made for people like me! However, knowing me, I would pee on one, get a BFN, start thinking they weren't sensitive enough and run out to buy another one at the store. LMAO.

Hi ladies,

This is are 2nd cycle trying the first I was really sure I was pregnant so I tested 2 days before af and to my surprise BFN. I was so upset thought for sure I was. Well this time I am 8dpo right now and I have tested at 6dpo and 7dpo so glad I heard about the dollar tree tests. I bought enough to test everyday till the witch is to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->