Share your hobbies / passions!

TrixieLox

Reaction score
I thought it'd be nice to share what our hobbies are! I know we have a huge event happening in our lives, but it's good to remember we're not just mums-to-be. I also think it's really important our children see that too, that we're individuals with our own interests (though those interests may go out of the window for a few months!).

So what do you love doing?

I LOVE writing and have written a few novels, including one that's being considering by a big UK publishing house at the moment for publication via my agent (fingers crossed). I started out writing teen novels but now write adult novels (so women's fiction). Anyone else write?

I love reading too (women's fiction, thrillers, baby books :winkwink: ) and taking my gorgeous Jack Russell for long walks.

I'm also a bit of a film addict and love seeing my friends and going to the cinema.

What about you?

I LOVE photography :) I got so lazy tho and haven't picked camera up for a while,,, I got an email in feb to say that one of my pics got voted 5th out if top 50 best pics of 2012 on pix.ie of over 1million entries :) this has def motivated me to get back into it.... I particularly love wildlife and landscape (not into taking pics of people for some reason) I will add my winning pic below, it got picked for creativity :)

good luck with your book hun, that is amazing :)

image.jpg

Ha, love that photo, sharnahw, and now I'm craving a banana! Photography will be so useful when you have your little one, you'll be able to take some stunning pics!

ha thanx!!! yea this poor baby will not have a chance of greeting away from the camera :) that really is good news bout your novel! I wish you all the best :)

ha thanx!!! yea this poor baby will not have a chance of greeting away from the camera :) that really is good news bout your novel! I wish you all the best :)

Thanks, there's no guarantee of a deal but it's good to know a top editor loves it and is considering it. Won't know for a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing pics of your little one!

I used to love hanging out with friends, but since iv been pregnant it seems I don't have any friends any more.

I have my snakes though, that's a huge passion of mine.

love the photo!

I used to play bass/guitar but that's becoming a bit difficult now!

I played nursery rhymes on acoustic guitar a lot earlier in my pregnancy in the hope the baby would hear the vibrations... :shrug:

I love swimming, watching movies and surfing.
I have just had a break of around 3 months from swimming but just have plans of resuming today, 3 time a week till i give birth.

Snakes, surfing and guitar? Lovin' the hobbies!

Jenny_J, that's a shame about your friends, we can all keep you virtual company here! You should also look into doing stuff when you have a baby at your local children's centre or NCT stuff where you can meet other mums? Good luck!

Snakes, surfing and guitar? Lovin' the hobbies!

Jenny_J, that's a shame about your friends, we can all keep you virtual company here! You should also look into doing stuff when you have a baby at your local children's centre or NCT stuff where you can meet other mums? Good luck!

Yeah im going to look into doing something like that, when im better from the section. Maybe not in my area though, I tried that with Dd1, and most of the moms were chavs :/ im a tattooed pierced gothy chick, so I didn't fit in well with the tracksuits lol.

I am lucky to have b and b ladies to chat with on here :)

I know what you mean about losing friends Jenny :( it's a bit rubbish, I also wouldn't fit in very well with the track suits!!

I love photography too. Always got a camera to hand. Got my cat, but he doesn't take up much time!! My oh is trying to get me into his tabletop wargaming, not really my thing though!! I'm a drummer, but had to sell my kit when I got pregnant with Joshua to make room for a cot!! Must admit, I get pretty bored throughout the day. x

I'm loving how diverse the hobbies are :). I've got a few; I horse ride, train sheepdogs, hike, target shoot, and fly gliders ( vigilantes mainly). And do up the odd car :). X

Well, I am a true book worm...I love to read and there is know particular book or author. I just love to read( while I bath, in the car( DH drives of course:haha:), pretty much anywhere I keep 2 books in my purse at all times and of course spending time with my family:blush:, my LO's are awesome and DH is too( sometimes):haha: OOH yeah, and all of my books had their own room till LO's arrival now too the basement they go and I feel awful to put them down there so for the moment the room is still theirss..is that awful

I used to go swimming a lot, and was going to start MMA (mixed martial arts) but then found out I was pregnant so couldn't start. Il prob go for it when baby is about a year old.

I ♡ reading. I can get lost in a good book for hours!

I used to go swimming a lot, and was going to start MMA (mixed martial arts) but then found out I was pregnant so couldn't start. Il prob go for it when baby is about a year old.

My OH does MMA, it's fantastic for fitness. Good luck pet

I love to hike and rapel. Swimming is also something I do quite often. I also do a variety of craft type things. I just bought a house a couple weeks ago so right now I'm up to my ears in renovations, but I love that too; love fixing up things and picking out finishes and stuff. Oh, and I love to bowl!

Baking here..............I run a cake bakery out of my house as a little earner :)
I tried to knit / crochet but I am truely crap!

Attachments

• 16th Birthday.jpg
    16th Birthday.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2
  • birthday cake.jpg
    birthday cake.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Chocolate Garden.jpg
    Chocolate Garden.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 4
Have been looking for some new hobbies so will be keeping an eye on this thread :) I paint my nails as one of my hobbies, haven't done so much since being in the 3rd tri as so uncomfortable to sit up for too long. I also love reading and if I'm in the mood, drawing. I have 2 penpals who I enjoy writing to (its great getting a letter in the post instead of a bill) I don't think I'll be going to any baby groups as like a couple of you injust don't think I'd fit in. So many people judge from how you look and I have tattoos, flesh tunnels and dress how I feel comfortable rather than what's 'fashionable'
This is a photo of one of the designs I done on my nails.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1
I love anything creative, some of my favourites include jewellery making, scrapbooking, card making, painting, making buns, listening to music and I would love to learn to crochet! I also like to read, only romantic novels that remind me of me so I can be the star of the show :haha: I love to learn new things from the internet and do some research now and again and I love walking with my baby girl and dog! I would love more time to spend with my hobbies but I have an energetic 1 year old to run about after while holding up my big bump :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->