Share your hobbies / passions!

I was SUPPOSED to be taking my grade 7 piano exam in June but we managed to concieve on first cycle of TTC so my due date is in June :/

Il probably do it after xmas now

I do like a bit of photography too! i have a nice DSLR but ive lost my battery charger and with all the baby expenses atm i really cant afford £50 for a new charger.

BUT a friend of mine has the same camera as me and ive swiped her battery charger for the past 4 months :haha: but i probably should give it back soon... lol

Great thread.

Like Wrigley I play the piano as one of my hobbies but my main passion in life is my horses.

Cool hobbies everyone :)

Great thread!
I sing opera! The baby bump is actually helping the singing along. (Thanks little girl!^_^)

As a track-suit wearing mamma to be I say don't judge a book by it's cover. You may be surprised what you have in common! Don't sell yourself short by telling yourself you don't fit in with them- you never know! They may be feeling like they aren't as cool as you :hugs:

Snakes, surfing and guitar? Lovin' the hobbies!

Jenny_J, that's a shame about your friends, we can all keep you virtual company here! You should also look into doing stuff when you have a baby at your local children's centre or NCT stuff where you can meet other mums? Good luck!

Yeah im going to look into doing something like that, when im better from the section. Maybe not in my area though, I tried that with Dd1, and most of the moms were chavs :/ im a tattooed pierced gothy chick, so I didn't fit in well with the tracksuits lol.

I am lucky to have b and b ladies to chat with on here :)

I LOVE to sing, do stone lithography and intaglio printmaking, and really anything creative (art, writing, music)

Dance, rugby, photography, music. Nothing too outrageous!

We are a busy family but our horse farm and competing my hunters is my passion and ATVs (mostly motocross) would be more of a hobby I do have to admit I am excited to be having bubs soon so I can enjoy a little of it all this summer :)

As a track-suit wearing mamma to be I say don't judge a book by it's cover. You may be surprised what you have in common! Don't sell yourself short by telling yourself you don't fit in with them- you never know! They may be feeling like they aren't as cool as you :hugs:

Jenny_J, that's a shame about your friends, we can all keep you virtual company here! You should also look into doing stuff when you have a baby at your local children's centre or NCT stuff where you can meet other mums? Good luck!

Yeah im going to look into doing something like that, when im better from the section. Maybe not in my area though, I tried that with Dd1, and most of the moms were chavs :/ im a tattooed pierced gothy chick, so I didn't fit in well with the tracksuits lol.

I appreciate what your saying. However im not sure you understand what a chav is?
I did try and be friendly with them, tried to join in their converstations about popular tv(which I dont watch) celebrity gossip(which I dont give a fig aboit) then the convo turnd to how they are screwing over the benefit system, and oh lets go smoke some drugs. I was like ok bye bye lol.

LOL!:haha: Not even noon, and I've already got my foot in my mouth. You're right..I had no idea what a "chav" is. I can see why you wouldn't want to be friends with them.

I often feel like I don't fit in with people so I was tryin' to be encouraging lol...but I definitely misunderstood your meaning. Sorry!

I appreciate what your saying. However im not sure you understand what a chav is?
I did try and be friendly with them, tried to join in their converstations about popular tv(which I dont watch) celebrity gossip(which I dont give a fig aboit) then the convo turnd to how they are screwing over the benefit system, and oh lets go smoke some drugs. I was like ok bye bye lol.

Lol no worries. There are loads of chavs around where I live. But I dont mind going further afield to meet non chavvy people

Loving all these amazing hobbies! So good to see women who have more to them than 'mum-to-be'. Sets a great example to our children. And if anyone's reading this and thinking 'I don't HAVE a hobby' then think about what you used to love doing as a kid and start dabbling in it, gives us something to do as we count down to the big day too and makes it all go faster!

Hi, only since moving to Sweden a couple of years ago have I found my passions, before that I didn't think I had time for hobbies, now i'm a housewife soon to be SAHM :D My DH and I have built our own house here and since doing that I have realised that I can literally do anything I want to do, so mostly my hobbies are very crafty I enjoy knitting and sewing, I hand make all presents for friends and family, I also love to get together with hubby and make some wooden project together, the latest being our sidecar cot, of which i'm very in love with, can't wait till the baby arrives and will sleep beside me in it :cloud9: I have also just recently started making all my own cards. I also love cooking and baking, trying to find the healthiest alternatives to naughty things :winkwink:

I get what you all mean about chavs, very glad not to be having my baby in my home town in England because of it!

And I also can empathise with the no friends thing, I don't have many friends where i'm living now, and old frinds from home haven't bothered to stay in contact, it can be a little lonely, but BnB always comes to my rescue :thumbup:

Glad to meet you all :flower:

Nice to meet you too :) I'm a housewife and soon to be SAHM too! Love all of your hobbies.. I feel like if there wasn't an ocean in the way, we'd have too much fun haha

Hi, only since moving to Sweden a couple of years ago have I found my passions, before that I didn't think I had time for hobbies, now i'm a housewife soon to be SAHM :D My DH and I have built our own house here and since doing that I have realised that I can literally do anything I want to do, so mostly my hobbies are very crafty I enjoy knitting and sewing, I hand make all presents for friends and family, I also love to get together with hubby and make some wooden project together, the latest being our sidecar cot, of which i'm very in love with, can't wait till the baby arrives and will sleep beside me in it :cloud9: I have also just recently started making all my own cards. I also love cooking and baking, trying to find the healthiest alternatives to naughty things :winkwink:

I get what you all mean about chavs, very glad not to be having my baby in my home town in England because of it!

And I also can empathise with the no friends thing, I don't have many friends where i'm living now, and old frinds from home haven't bothered to stay in contact, it can be a little lonely, but BnB always comes to my rescue :thumbup:

Got a season ticket at the football, our child is going to be a little footy fan!

Nice to meet you too :) I'm a housewife and soon to be SAHM too! Love all of your hobbies.. I feel like if there wasn't an ocean in the way, we'd have too much fun haha

Just had to look up what stone lithography and intaglio printmaking is, looks really interesting, how did you get into that?!

Got a season ticket at the football, our child is going to be a little footy fan!

Whether he/she likes it or not :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"