Share your school run routines with a newborn :)

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I'm finally into the swing of it after 16 days!

Enzo wakes roughly every 4 hours so his morning feed is at 6/6:30am, we get up at this time and I get him fed, change nappy and a quick wet wipe wash just to freshen up from the night, I put him to sleep in his swing and he sleeps until it's time to go.

I pack the packed lunches and make sure bags are ready and get myself dressed, uniform is done night before, I get my older two up at 7.30, they have breakfast and usually finish at about 8-8:15am and I help them get dressed, we are aiming to be ready by 8.30 but can go over this by 5 minutes.

I get Enzo into his coat and hat and pop him in his carseat, he usually sleeps through this also, then its into the car and get to school for 8.45, and doors open at 8.50.

Job done, it's quite military operation like, but it works!

Your routine sounds good! You are lucky your kids sleep until half 7!! Mine are up about 6am. Do you drop them outside the school gates or walk them into school grounds? Mine is only just 6 (year 1) so have to walk him in. Can’t wait to be able to just pull over outside and shove him out haha.

I’m starting school run on my own from Monday so will let you know how that goes.. i bet we’ll be late a lot until we find our own routine

My kids cant and wont get up in the mornings it's like having teenagers :haha: they are 7 and 5 so I take them to their classroom doors, my OH goes back to work Monday too but I've been doing the school run with the baby most mornings to get used to it before he goes back to work so it's not so daunting! The first time I done the school run with the baby it was a bloody disaster, but I made it there a d back in one piece :haha:

I was lucky DS was born 4 weeks before the school summer holidays started and DH was off for a week so only had 3 weeks of doing it by myself! It did/does have to run like a military operation im like a crazy woman ha ! Preparing the night before is key otherwise my mornings go to plot too.

Our routine was a bit like yours but now he’s 5 months old. He wakes up usually around 6/7 for a feed . DDs are up at 7 . Girls get dressed / brush teeth etc while I get DS ready . Breakfast is usually 7:45 . DS will sit in his pram while I get dressed then it’s coats etc at 8:25 ready to leave at 8:30 . Doors open at 8:45 . DD1 goes in first then we walk around to DD2s door . I swear I cannot wait until DD2 goes into school via the main yard !

I feel such a sense of relief when they are both in school after all the rushing haha

Do you ever just walk from the school gates and just breathe a sigh of relief that you made it? Because I do hahaha! I feel like sometimes my routine works and sometimes I have to switch it up a bit, as DS2 is only 3 weeks old his feeding routine can vary, due to sometinesngoing only 3 hours between feeds, or sometimes going 5 hours, if hes due for a feed at 8.30 then usually im screwed! :haha: luckily my kids teachers are all understanding of this, and to be fair I've not actually been late yet, just cutting it very fine and I mean getting to the doors with about 30 seconds spare!

Oh god every day ! It’s like ahhhhh yes ! We have never been late but like you cut it fine sometimes ! All DDs teachers lovely !

If DS needs a bottle now I just prop it up with a blanket now he’s older, I must stress this is only when it’s a matter of feed him this way or have him screaming all the way to school ! ( Before anyone Mum shames me lol)

As long as he gets fed and your school run goes smoothly, who cares! :haha: I definitely would be mum shamed trying that with a 3 week old hahaha

Haha yeah some funny looks on the playground for sure !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->