Sharp Pain?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by LittleBoSheep, Nov 17, 2011.

1. LittleBoSheep

LittleBoSheep Well-Known Member

I was in the car on the way home and this god awful sharp searing pain went from my cervix all the way to the top of my uterus and my stomach tensed and went hard. It felt like someone had knifed me inside!
    WTF WAS THAT!?
    did baby kick my cervix from the inside?:shrug:
    It was extremely painful I thought I was going to break the handle off the door!:wacko:

no spotting and I rested and kicked my feet up afterwards. Just hoping it doesn't happen again! Has anyone else experienced this!?!:shrug::hugs:

2. zlrckbdp

zlrckbdp Well-Known Member

Ohhh, yes.
    Completely normal, and very painful.
    My doctor said it could be round ligament pain, just switch positions or actives and try to relax.

3. LittleBoSheep

Good lord if that was round ligament pain then it was the worst in history O_O :wacko:

Literally felt like a knife went up my lady bits, I jumped and brought tears to my eyes. yeeeouch!

4. megrenade

megrenade Well-Known Member

yeah, definitely round ligament pain - I get it whenever I sneeze, cough, or have the hiccups!

5. LittleBoSheep

oh yeah I get that too, but times that by about 100 and put it all in your cervix, that's how I can explain it. :shrug:

6. megrenade

megrenade Well-Known Member

it hurts your cervix? hmmm.. that's strange - I always feel the pain around my uterus, which would be the ligaments holding it up - I think you should mention that to your doctor.

7. Katie1

Katie1 Well-Known Member

Oh good I'm glad I came across this thread! I have been having the same thing! One time, it hurt that bad for about 10 seconds (felt like an eternity)! I'm glad it's normal :)

8. LittleBoSheep

Yeah I had mentioned a couple days before it happened to my doctor that I was having a pain in my cervix and she said it was normal, and then THAT pain happened and I was tempted to call and voice my concerns but I wasn't spotting or anything alarming so I didn't call her about it and I just wanted to see who else that it happened to! :/