sharp pains at 14 weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by lauralora, Dec 25, 2009.

1. lauralora

lauralora Well-Known Member

hiya ladies

i was only complaining i didnt feel anything in my belly yesterday
    during the night both my hips were a little achey then today ive woke up and had abit of cramping, thats now gone, but sometimes when im walking around im feeling some sharp pains tht last half a second, really down below in my bits lol and sometimes abit further up in my side of abdomen, is this ok? im such a worrier

xxx

2. lnic1970

lnic1970 mum of 3

hi

ive had this on & off this past week aswell and was worried aswell, I posted on here about it anf a load of ladies all reassured me that they all experienced same at around the 14 week or so mark and that its just stretching & ligament pain etc and is quite normal..

Im finding if im on my feet for a while then I get quite achy lower down in my belly and have been getting AF type cramping, all part of the joys of pregnancy :)

hope this makes you feel a bit better and you can enjoy the rest of your xmas :hugs: x

3. lauralora

lauralora Well-Known Member

thankyou hun it really does :)

enjoy the rest of yours x

4. lnic1970

lnic1970 mum of 3

ready for sleeping now lol x

5. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

I've been having some strange pains and mild cramps the past few days/week....I've had weird pains low down and going into my vagina - had a UTI too, so I'm hoping it's not pains from that because it should be gone now!!!

I'm putting it down to the baby stretching... My stomach is pushed out tonight (I say food, my mum says the baby is sat near the front :lol:) and we were saying Bean is probably stretching his arms and making more space for him/herself! :lol:

xx

6. roobie74

roobie74 Well-Known Member

Hiya - I've just posted something similar in the 1st trimester thread - see below. Would you say this is the same type of thing you are experiencing??? Thanks xxx

"Hi. I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant with twins. Had a scan on tuesday and everthing was fine. So.... I started to relax a little bit as I had got past the 12 week mark, but for the past 8 hours I have had this pinchy like twinges, on and off, in my pubic area! It doesn't really hurt, but it is noticeable like someone is pinching me lol!! Is this normal as I have been "knicker watching" all day thinking something bad is going to happen?! Thanks for your help xxx"

7. xXhayleyXx

xXhayleyXx Happy mummy of 6 :)

Ive been having the same kind of pains to that make me stop and catch my breath but am sure it is only stretching pains. Cant wait until our next scan now xxx

8. MiissMuffet

MiissMuffet Well-Known Member

growing pains

9. zoedwarf

zoedwarf Well-Known Member

Hey girls, glad to see your posts, I am now just over 14 weeks and xmas eve started getting these sharp pains to either side of my stomach and a lot down below.... very uncomfortable!!!!! I go off to the maldaives tomoz for honeymoon so I have been worrying all xmas about these pains and what I should do.... all sounds normal tho!!!! X

10. xminimotox

xminimotox Mum of Jack <3

I had these types of pain round about the 14mark too! It was like sharp stabbing pains that only really went away when I lay down. I still sometimes get a little shooting pain now and then. x

11. scotsgirl

scotsgirl mother of 3 xx

i have also had it this week. im 14 and 4!! i think its just growing pains hun x this is my
    second baby x

12. hannahR

hannahR Hollie aged three ttc no2

i have had this sort of thing, all normal i was told by my midwife. xx