Sharp Pains in Abdomen

kmpssbl

Mother of 1, TTC for #2
Reaction score
Good evening ladies :)

I have a weird question, hoping you can help.

Hubby and I went out for the evening, dinner and a movie planned. We stopped by a client's house to visit their dogs on the way out, then the bank. It seems as soon as I got in the car after visiting the dogs that I began to feel this sharp annoying pain in my abdomen. When we were at the bank, we were talking to the banker about our pregnancy and stuff, and as I stood there, I was sort of hunched over. It was just a bit more uncomfortable. Here I am thinking maybe it's just a big gas bubble.

When we get to dinner, it begins to hurt more. I ordered chili, hoping the warm food would ease it. We played a trivia game at the table while waiting for our food (the pain sort of subsided), and I was told they did not have anymore chili. I was thoroughly disappointed, so got something else. Well, not even halfway through eating, the pain came back and got way worse. I couldn't even eat. Hubby hurried up and got a box and the check while I went to the restroom to see if I had to throw up. I have not had ANY sickness whatsoever, so I was very confused. Nothing happened. We drove home, skipping the movie, and it was the longest driver ever! I was crying and breathing heavily and holding onto the "oh crap" bar like my life depended on it.

As soon as we got home, I lied down on the couch and the pain instantly went away. What's up with that? We had to cut our night short because of abdomen pain that completely subsided with just lying down? Has anyone felt this before? I see my OB next week, and I do intend on telling her what happened. In the meantime, I was hoping to get an answer or two here.

:shrug:

Any sharp pains like that you really should phone your doctor or whoever is providing your care xx

Thank you for the advice :) I totally would have called, had my OB office been open :( They are still not open at this morning's hour, but I will call them when they open in an hour. I feel better now, but I will still call.

Definitely give them a call. I'm sure everything is fine, but it's better to let them know what's going on. I had sharp pains last weekend after having a super busy day/night and barely drinking anything so I believe I was dehydrated.

Most offices have an emergency hotline where it directs you to someone at the hospital your ob works out of. You can call them anytime. Next time you feel pain you should call!!

So I saw the doc today for my 12-week appointment. I told her about what happened, and she said it was most likely the stretching of the uterus. She said it would feel close to menstrual cramps, and told me not to worry. What a relief! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->