Sharp very painful cramps...advice??

BlueFairy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

Since yesterday morning I've been having very strong cramps in my lower abdomen followed by aching which is in my lower back also. Yesterday lunchtime I came home from work because it was painful just walking up/down stairs, getting out of my seat and even just shifting position sat down.

I called my midwife who said as long as I not bleeding there is nothing to worry about but this pain is horrible at times and I have a fairly high pain threshold thanks to having ovary cysts in the past I'm used to bad cramping...but this is much worse.

I read online about ligament cramps/ stretching and I hope this is the cause but is it usually this painful...has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I'm just scared something bad is happening and I feel really isolated at home on my own.

ive been getting cramps but its related to my ibs. maybe its trapped wind? hope you feel better soon xxx

From what I have heard persistant cramps, especially with lower back ache could be a sign of labor. I know you are pretty early for that, but its best to be safe anyway. Maybe you are dehrydrated or overworking yourself though. But, if resting doesnt help it, then it could be something more serious. I have a few times where I have been achy but it will dissapear in about an hour after I lay down. Alsom drinking water can help relieve cramps that are caused from your ligaments.

Hi ladies

I had my 20 week scan yesterday so I had everything confirmed as being ok and the pains are just a mixture of ligaments and probably gas or something like that.

Ashley although I appreciate your response to my query probably best to consider what you are saying in your responses to someone before you say them. Luckily I'm not the type to panic worry myself too much but telling someone it sounds like they are in labour could be VERY frightening to someone. So please consider the reaction of the worried lady before you start saying such things which would be the worst case scenario.

Round ligament pain can be very intense.

Glad your scan went well & all is good:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"