shaved lady area?

They used to shave you and give you an enema routinely but they don't any more as it's unnecessary and humiliating. They also used to routinely give you an episiotomy whether you needed it or not but fortunately they don't any more! Thank goodness, I'd rather tear than be cut.

They used to shave you and give you an enema routinely but they don't any more as it's unnecessary and humiliating. They also used to routinely give you an episiotomy whether you needed it or not but fortunately they don't any more! Thank goodness, I'd rather tear than be cut.

I forgot about that too! My MIL had the works....AND they made you leave your OH at the front door......

hehe thanks all for the replies! It was just my mum said they did it to her (and the enema!) and after seeing all the women on that program completely bald just made me think they must still do it. I will have to ask my MW closer to the time :) I like to keep mine very short but really dont like total shavedness, looks bit wrong in my opinion. Too much skin! I guess i can always just refuse to have it shaved in the hospital if it comes to that. x

hehe thanks all for the replies! It was just my mum said they did it to her (and the enema!) and after seeing all the women on that program completely bald just made me think they must still do it. I will have to ask my MW closer to the time :) I like to keep mine very short but really dont like total shavedness, looks bit wrong in my opinion. Too much skin! I guess i can always just refuse to have it shaved in the hospital if it comes to that. x

I know they don't do it where I am going, Birmingham Women's Hospital. :happydance:

this is my 3rd baby and not once have i had to have a shaved lady garden to give birth!!

I was horrified when I read this first post, I got all worried in case some stranger tries to shave me there. I know it's a weird thing to say as loads of people will be seeing down there when giving birth, but it's not the same as someone shaving, do you know what I mean.

Ironically I was having a bit of a trim this morning and was thinking that if I hadn't done so already, as soon as I know I have gone into labour I will have a trim. Don't think I want to shave though, that would be too itchy!!

i shave down there so . . . I dont have to worry about that bt the moment :) untill i cant reach ill shave

They don't care at my hospital. Unless you end up with a c-section... then they will shave the top area where the incision will be made. I shave myself though.... so no worries here unless I have a surprise labor and am not prepared or something...

They used to do it )and the enema) as a rule in all hospitals but it was ages ago. You can now request it in your birth plan I believe. I'll ask OH maybe if I really care at this point but I doubt the thought would cross my mind :)

some hospitals dont mind how you have your hair lol,
i know if you have a c-section you have to be completly bald, i'll be getting a wax more further on just to be the safe side and incase i cant reach haha!
xx

With ds know one mentioned it, but I did shave the day or so before but ended up with a really bad shaving rash around the top - that was quite embarrasing!!

I will be shaving the 'under carriage O:)' just incase I need another episotomy as I figured trying to put stitches around a bush will not be easy lol!!

I think I am going to grin and bear it and just book in for a wax around the top half, as much as I can bear, and then shave all underneath.

Anyone have any good tips of how to avoid shaving rash?!

Here they arent bothered if you are or not, so must be just down to the area you live in, maybe its worth asking your mw about it next time you see her.....

I shave anyway, and will be VERY on top of it when the time comes- I'd be embarassed otherwise :lol:

Funny - As much as i'd like to try to get waxed - I'm way to embarressed to try it. Especially with a big fat preggo belly. NO WAY! I will just shave blind...

I so wouldn't get a bikini wax while I'm pregnant. They hurt like a bitch anyway, and I nearly died getting my eyebrows threaded a few weeks ago- pain is a lot worse in pregnancy IMO!

I so wouldn't get a bikini wax while I'm pregnant. They hurt like a bitch anyway, and I nearly died getting my eyebrows threaded a few weeks ago- pain is a lot worse in pregnancy IMO!

I agree with you on that one !!

I have been toying with the idea of having my legs waxed in Feb but going off the idea more and more. DO I NEED MORE PAIN IN MY LIFE?

Might just buy some razors and just keep hacking away blind until its all manageable :)

Any recommendations on razors?

dunno but its pointless for me to shave as it leaves red marks that are sore.i have to wax but dont know if it causes the baby discomfort ..also i dont know if the creams are safe.

I would shave down there if I felt comfortable reaching it,
I'm not huge yet, I just can't comfortably reach it.
So I'm kinda hoping for some weird reason they ask if I want to be shaved,
I don't want anyone whos there, family or not, to see a bush! haha.

They don't do that routinley nowdays like they used to. I will have my area cleaned up and trimmed anyways... its hard since i can't see what I'm doing lol but I can't stand that area to be unkept!

I used to work as a midwife & we never shaved anyone down there, (thankfully that wasn't part of my job description). Yes it used to be the done thing years ago, but think they've realised it doesn't make any difference if there's hair there or not!!

Jayne x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->