Shaving before c section

Mammy24boys

Reaction score
Ladies help me out

I had a c section 3 years ago and I completely shaved everything off the day before wasn't given any instructions but I wanted too no issues all fine.

I'm booked in for a c section on the 28th dec and I've just read the booklet and it says no shaving a week before down there..... I really don't feel comfortable not shaving before hand I completely get it's to reduce the risk of infection but I really want too..... surely they can't cancel my c section if I do?? Surely they won't tell me off for it if I do?? I'm dreading the c section as it is without feeling all uncomfortable down there because I haven't shaved.

What did you all do?

Thanks

Mine was an emergency, and I am relatively sure I shaved within the week prior. I doubt they'll tell you off or cancel the section, but I wouldn't shave if they've specified not to. Could you just do a bit of grooming with scissors so you don't risk an accidental skin cut?

I say follow the instructions. The nurse will shave you before surgery.

They shave the bits they need to to ensure you don't get an infection (which is very uncomfortable in a section wound)

Could you get waxed a few weeks before by a professional or use hair removal cream?

I am about to go for my third section later this year and will be getting it all waxed so that I don’t have any issues healing with hair regrow and my scar. But the nurses do normally shave you if you haven’t done before hand.

I shaved the night before! They never said anything about it! Do what you feel most comfortable with! I think its just to prevent risk of injections since you can get little cuts when shaving!

The nurses will shave you. But shave whatever you want, lots of people have c sections with no notice so they haven’t followed those rules. But just know the nurses will come in and touch it up anyway.

Mine used blunt clippers and it took several attempts. I swear she yanked out more hair than she cut. And still left bits that my dressing stuck to anyway.

I'd defs do it myself next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->