She doesn't look like me :(

I read some where thats its in a babys genes to look like daddy as a newborn so back in the days when we only grunted and lived in caves the dad dident reject (and kill) the baby thinking it was some ones elses.

Its only now that people are saying she looks like me so hopefully she will grow out of looking like him:haha:

Thats exactly what I was going to say - although I heard it was when we were monkeys. lol. x

I read some where thats its in a babys genes to look like daddy as a newborn so back in the days when we only grunted and lived in caves the dad dident reject (and kill) the baby thinking it was some ones elses.

Its only now that people are saying she looks like me so hopefully she will grow out of looking like him:haha:

Thats exactly what I was going to say - although I heard it was when we were monkeys. lol. x

Haha, love how we've all heard the same thing dating back to cavemen/monkey times! Do you think it's true or just some crap that someone made up to make us hormonal mummies feel better?!

xx

My family still look like monkeys and boiler fitters.

LOL I should've read the previous posts before posting... The essence is the same though! :haha:

Well, at least daddy can't "claim" she's not his. ;)

My dad still teases my mom to this day that there is no proof I am actually his daughter. Mom gets mad when he says it, but it's funny to hear him claim I belong to the mailman. lol

None of my children have ever looked like me as babies or young children. My ds are grown up now and look like me :) children change lots of times as they grow. I am sure they will end up having aspects of both you and your partner. x

James is a spitting image of my husband and my BIL
A man I know actually came up to me and said "i'm so sorry....he looks like your husband"

:gun:

:hugs:
Our LO looks like daddy too. Not even a hint of me?

LO looks like DH no doubt.

DH is black and I'm white, so it's obvious she's going to take after him more, but it's as if she didn't have ANY of my genes!! :lol:

I know exactly how you feel- not one single person has said Ryan looks like me! He is like a little mini version of his daddy and even looks the same as his dad as a baby! I don't mind too much though, his daddy is his favourite person in the whole world :thumbup:

It really is hard to picture my husband hunting and gathering. Generally he just picks up from a drive-thru. :haha: He did, however, make this amazing pasta carbonara the other night!

My LO looks nothing like me, she's the spit of her dad. She even resembles my mother lol.

For some reason I expected that my genes would be really strong and that she would look a lot like me but she doesn't at all.

my lo doesn't look much like me. someone at airport security actually asked me if she was adopted. ????!!!

my lo doesn't look much like me. someone at airport security actually asked me if she was adopted. ????!!!

What a weird question! Honestly, I don't know why some people feel they can say/ask the things they do. :doh:

My LO looks 99% like her Daddy. Sometimes, if the light hits her right and the moon is full, I can see a small hint of myself in her but I couldn't describe exactly what it was about her that looked like me at that moment.:shrug:

My DD is a mini me and DS is a mini him. My DS is so dark in comparison to me I think people are surprised he's mine, he's also really big which definitely isn't from me!
It is nice having people come up to me when I'm out with DD and say we look so much alike, especially when they say she's gorgeous! I wouldn't worry though because I can ready see she's changing and looking more like her Dad everyday. They change so quickly your LO could end up looking like you before you know it!

Thanks ladies! I really appreciate all of the responses. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's felt this way at some point. Here's to hoping that our LOs all resemble us soon! And if not, we're their mommies and that's what matters, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->