She gave her custard!!!

LovelyGirl85

Reaction score
Well my daughter stayed at my mums on Saturday night....and she fed her a few teaspoons of baby custard.

Now I know this might not sound strange but Amy isn't on food yet - but my mum thought it would be okay to give her some!! I'm pretty upset as I wanted to be the one to give her her first foods and to be honest I'm not ready yet...I was just getting my head round all the weaning stuff and was going to make a plan of what foods to try her out with once she was nearer 20 weeks.

So the question I ask - since my mum gave her something on saturday, should I start weaning Amy now as she quite liked the food? Or is it okay to sort of forget that happened and continue with my regular plan?

Id class that at 'tastes' hun just occasionally give her a taste of something...you can then wean her properly at 20 weeks as you wanted too x

Id forget it happened and go ahead with your plan.

Just because your LO liked it doesnt mean shes ready and tbh baby custard has sugar in it so yea of course shed like it

Totally forget about it. Babies have short memories! You can and should start when your ready.

I'd forget about it if you weren't planning on weaning just yet. Babies forget little things like that very quickly x

I would forget about it, but I must say if my mum did that I would be cross with her - did she not think you would want to be the one to give her her first food?

I agree with the above poster,I would be livid if my mum did that without asking!Not only because she wasnt taking food yet but because her mummy should be the first one to give it to her!

my mother in law done something very similar but let my LO suck on a chocolate finger!! was fuming but he wasnt interested in other food until he was 23 weeks so waited until i felt like he was ready

Thanks all!
She said once she had given her two spoonfuls she realised what she was doing etc...don't think I believe her!! Just upset that I wasn't first person to feed her and the fact she fed her a sugary dessert for her first food!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->