she is becoming a nightmare!!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Well courtney has learnt how to move in her bumbo.... and as we speak shes pull at the mouse wire!!

Shes too active for her own good.... hence that she fell of the sofa yesterday!!

I need a play pen for her I really do :rofl:

what do u guys do??

Im lucky Ellie cant be arsed to do alot lol.

:rofl: I was just saying this to OH this morning. Jacob was in his walker going flying round the dining room, came into the kitchen tried to attack millie (my lil yorkshire terrier!) with his walker :rofl: was funny tho then toddled over to the drawers and managed to pull one open :shock:

Then when i was in the shower he was sitting in his play station thing and was dragging it accross the floor like a walker :shock: it doesnt have wheels and he can only touch his tippy toes (we had to higher it!)

He's only just 6 months!! I dread to think how he will be in 2 months time. So im off out at weekend to get a play pen and child proof things!!

Oh and as for the bumbo i had to sell that when he was 5 months as he worked out how to arch him back and pull himself out sideways then roll to the floor :shock: i have a video of him doing it!!

XxxX

i know wot u mean jack is crawling now and he gets into everything, it a nightmere i cant even have him sitting with me by the computer cause he just hits it and trys to pull it off the sofa, jack jumped off the bed the other day to, i couldnt wait for him to start crawling now i want him to stop lol

yeh courtney in her walker is a nightmare too with drawers and following me everywhere... were back to the jumperoo for a bit just cos it keeps her nice and secure!!

I like the bumbo cos I can feed her in it but she pushed her foot on the floor and was moving herself... could be dangerous if it topples over :(

I know what you mean ema, in a couple of months time i bet she will be walking, shes been in to EVERYTHING for so long! We have food, she wants it, we gave a remote to play with but she still wants the sky one....!! eeek!!

i know wot u mean jack is crawling now and he gets into everything, it a nightmere i cant even have him sitting with me by the computer cause he just hits it and trys to pull it off the sofa, jack jumped off the bed the other day to, i couldnt wait for him to start crawling now i want him to stop lol

arr really... how cute.!! When did he start crawling... courtney just tries to push her feet on the floor btu she dont move far.. only in a circle lol!!

Chloe doesnt have the wheels on her walker so she cant go anywhere!! If I have to keep her contained she goes in her travel cot with some toys, when I'm in the kitchen she goes in her wheel less walker!

God I read this and was saying out loud "yes omg " mine dose this too and it drives me bonkers lol

I have this to come but right now Chase is so laid back.

lol

I don't like the idea of play pens. I just feel that they can restrict a child's development if they are left in them for too much of the day. Babies / Toddlers learn by exploring and learn to walk by being able to move around furniture etc.

That said, if you don't overuse it then its fine, but I think people tend to use them too much as they are a convenient and hassle free way to keep your LO out of trouble.

I do however use his camp cot when I really need to get something done like taking a shower.

We have put safety catches on the draws and put up a gate so that he can't get into the kitchen.

I use max's play pen when im making supper or cleaning up the living room ..I agree some ppl will abuse of them but as long as you dont over use them its fine

I've never bothered with a play pen TBH, but then our house is reasonably child friendly (and I'm quite laid back about risk). Yeah now and again there's a bit of chaos to sort out when they get into something they shouldn't.

It doesn't take long for them to grow out of play pens and they still fiddle about with stuff they shouldn't. I'd just accept it and embrace it. LOL!

arr really... how cute.!! When did he start crawling... courtney just tries to push her feet on the floor btu she dont move far.. only in a circle lol!!

its going been aweek so not long, but he started getting really good and keeps crawling to the tc wires and keeps pulling them, then hes going for the cat, i cant even go into the kitchen without him crawling after me, he cant go in his bumbo anymore has been able to go in that for over a month cause he can push himself out and he just cry in his jumperoo, the only thing he wants to do it go in his walker or crawl, but when hes in his walker he trys to open the oven and the pull the walking horse down, trust me it gets worse but it lush to see them moving around by themselves.

its going been aweek so not long, but he started getting really good and keeps crawling to the tc wires and keeps pulling them, then hes going for the cat, i cant even go into the kitchen without him crawling after me, he cant go in his bumbo anymore has been able to go in that for over a month cause he can push himself out and he just cry in his jumperoo, the only thing he wants to do it go in his walker or crawl, but when hes in his walker he trys to open the oven and the pull the walking horse down, trust me it gets worse but it lush to see them moving around by themselves.

arr yeah I agree I love seeing courtney so interested in things and reaching out for things and stuff... but it does get very tiring lol!!

Jayden goes for the wires, hoover, dvd player, cat, everything!! he also follows me up the hall way lol xx

i too find maddi is in to everything bless her! she drags her round me go round the living room, she rolls, crawls, and pulls herself up on everything!

i find the jumperoo is fab, and she loves her walker, but i have to be aware that she may run me over :rofl: she loves spending time in her cot playing too, as well as a travel cot/play pen and of course we play on the floor together when i can watch her x

:rofl: Okay well first off we block her in the living room using her jumperoo (with a footstool shoved under it) and her exersaucer with an ice chest shoved under it so she can't escape. Than we remove all possible items we can, unfortunately our computers are stuck here and our cats tend to roam in out. On an average day I pull Hannah out from under my desk (she likes to play with the cords too) 100 times and tell her no. We also have to tell her be nice to the kitty, don't hurt the kitty, don't hit the kitty with your toys 50 or so times. The entertainment center has been emptied out in the bottom because we're packing to move, but before that we tied the doors together so she couldn't pull dvd's out.......:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh and she never sits on the couch because she'd crawl off

:rofl: Okay well first off we block her in the living room using her jumperoo (with a footstool shoved under it) and her exersaucer with an ice chest shoved under it so she can't escape. Than we remove all possible items we can, unfortunately our computers are stuck here and our cats tend to roam in out. On an average day I pull Hannah out from under my desk (she likes to play with the cords too) 100 times and tell her no. We also have to tell her be nice to the kitty, don't hurt the kitty, don't hit the kitty with your toys 50 or so times. The entertainment center has been emptied out in the bottom because we're packing to move, but before that we tied the doors together so she couldn't pull dvd's out.......:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh and she never sits on the couch because she'd crawl off

:rofl: lol.... you sound like youve got it sussed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->