She keeps saying Dada :(

L

Laura--x

WHY WHY WHY? :rofl:

I know shes not actually saying dada as in talking about her dad.. but she always says it, constantly! Ive just saw a video on his facebook of her saying it and everyones commented and its just got me really down :(.. i keep saying mama to her but all shes interested in is dada!

She doesnt really know what 'dada' is yet does she? Is it just a sound? :(

:hugs:

Aww hunni,unfortunatly its easier for them to say than mama!,does she say it when she recognises him or is it just a new noise(if that makes sense??).Mia said every word but mum till she was about 1!!

Dont let it get you down hunni,she prob has no idea! :hugs:

:hugs: Pisses me right off too hahahaha. Elyse has been saying "dadada" for a couple of months- has the ability to say ahahaha/amama but prefers the sound of dadada or it's easier to say or something! <3 Certainly not because she likes him better or anything like that- because she usually wants to come back to me instead of going with him :smug:

Aww hunni,unfortunatly its easier for them to say than mama!,does she say it when she recognises him or is it just a new noise(if that makes sense??).Mia said every word but mum till she was about 1!!

Dont let it get you down hunni,she prob has no idea! :hugs:

Not really no, i dont know how much she says it down his but shes constantly saying it here. She had been saying it for quite a while before she said it down his because he told me the other day she had just said it and shes been saying it for quite a few weeks now.

Its just heartbraking when since birth ive always said moma to her whenever we talk or play, and just to keep hearing her say dada all the time, even though she doesnt know what it means, its awful!

xxx

Aww I know what you mean!!

Bloomin girls and there Daddys!!

Dont worry hunni,the moment will come and it will melt your heart.xx

It is most baby's 'first word' because it is easier to say, and it's not really a word, it's still just a sound like 'agoo' was. It's just because it SOUNDS like a word we use that people think it's a first word. She has no idea who 'dada' is and will probably say it to lots of people, strangers included. But, when the time comes for her to associate the word with the person, I bet you anything you like, her first one will be 'mummy'.

xxx

Aisling's the same, she started with dadada and bababa but does do alot of mamama recently. I think b and d are easier letters for them to say and they're not words now anyway, just new sounds. Dont worry she loves her mummy, when she says dadada she might as well be talking about the kettle! (if she's anything like Aisling anyway!)

Awww, it is just because it is easier for them to say (no idea why but I've read it in a lot of parenting books!)

I found because I was always with LO I would be talking about 'daddy' much more than I ever said mummy or mama, and when I call out for my OH I call 'daddy' whereas he calls 'babe' - this actually resulted in my LO calling me "Bab" until she was nearly two, she still does it now when she's upset as opposed to "mum" or "mummy".
I still find it quite heart breaking but it's cute too!

With my littlest I'm making a real effort to say Mummy all the time and have forbidden OH from calling me anything else as well ! :D

dada is easier for babies to say, (i was getting called dada for a while:-/)
i wouldnt worry about it too much. she will say mama soon enough :)

Euan still does the dada all the time and i think he said it last week and meant it actually for dad but not sure and it has not happened again. I heard him say mammama once while he was babbling but not for ages.

Emma is the same. When she is happy and ecited its DADADAD DAD DA DA DA DA DA all the time.

When she is upset its Mamai mamai mamai or bababaaa bababaabababababa...........and bub bub bub bub (with a HUGE pouty lip). She goes sometimes sit tho and go through sounds, Ga, Ba, Da, Wa Bo Bai Beb ...........and so on. Just babbling to herslef then she will pick one sound she likes and say it for like a few days, then get a new one.

Emma is the same. When she is happy and ecited its DADADAD DAD DA DA DA DA DA all the time.

When she is upset its Mamai mamai mamai or bababaaa bababaabababababa...........and bub bub bub bub (with a HUGE pouty lip). She goes sometimes sit tho and go through sounds, Ga, Ba, Da, Wa Bo Bai Beb ...........and so on. Just babbling to herslef then she will pick one sound she likes and say it for like a few days, then get a new one.

Caidan does the EXACT same. The pouty lip is hilarious.

xxx

aww im sorry. she will soon say mama to. then it will be your moment to shine. :D

Amelie said dadada for ages before she said mum. Now she says mum all the time :D

Ruby says dadada loads, not mama yet. but then she says yayayaya just as much as dadada so it's just random babbling!

Violets the same but it's just sound at the moment.

She also says dededed a lot too and mmm and yehyehyeh but again, it's just all sounds.

Although it is annoying when visitors come over and go "oooh she's saying daddy!". I'm sitting there thinking no she's bloody not she's just babbling! lol

My baby must be backwards, she said "mum mum mum mum" for months before she could say "da da da da da," and that was what I was trying to get her to say :rofl:

Awww, it is just because it is easier for them to say (no idea why but I've read it in a lot of parenting books!)

The reason that Dada is easier to say is down to the shape you need to make with your mouth, to say dada you use your tongue at the front of mouth with your lips forward. Mama involves pulling lips inwards towards your mouth and flattening your tongue inside your mouth which is harder to do for a little person.

I took great pains to explain that to my DH so that when Bethan does start to say Dada all the time then he'll not think that its because she loves him more than me, she loves us the same! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->