she peed on my coat

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by nada87, Dec 9, 2009.

1. nada87

nada87 Well-Known Member

i know this has nothing to do with pg but my three yr old just peed on my coat.

she was watching a dvd in my room (gets her out of my hair for a minute) and i go in to check on her. and the room reeks of poo. so i asked if she pooped in my room and she says "yeah on that pillow" and points to a pillow on the floor. so i cleaned that up, then i ask her if she pooped anywhere else and she says "no but i peed on your coat" and sure enough my coat is soaking wet and smells like pee. it's leather and the only one i own. i have to go to work tonight and it's 13 degrees out and my coat is peed on and ruined. i actually started crying, and then i called dh at work and he's like we can get some pet pee remover. ugh he's an insensitive jerk sometimes. and she won't even tell me why she did it. she's been potty trained for ages so i don't think it was becuz she couldn't hold it.

2. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

Awww Hun :hugs: how frustrating! I have no advice I'm afraid but just wanted to send some hugs your way xx

3. Hayley90

Hayley90 Complete

Aww bless her, maybe she was engrossed in the movie? maybe if you teach her to pause dvd's then she can go pee when she needs to? that might be it, my sister used to go into a trance when she was watching finding nemo, and ou couldnt speak to her, youd have to switch it off ... maybe that'll work :)

4. nada87

nada87 Well-Known Member

haley-she actually doesn't have that problem, if she has to pee while watching a movie she will yell "mommy bring me the potty" (she has a little one) and she threw my coat on the ground before peeing on it. i'm pretty sure she's mad at me becuz i've been to tired to do much.

5. Hayley90

Hayley90 Complete

oh :(
    in which case i dont know :(
    im generally not great with toddlers, babies are fine & bg kids are great...but small people scare the hell outta me. maybe get her to take her potty everywhere?! sounds drastic but at least she wont have an excuse other than just being naughty. then you can discipline i suppose.

6. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

even tho shes potty trained at that age its still very hard to hold anything in i no i had problems at that age.

leave a toddler alone n they will always get up to something lol my mum used to make sure we had a potty in every room we went in so that if we needed to go we could without her being there hope that helps in the future

7. mightyspu

mightyspu No life since Aug 2009...

How frustrating for you! did you ask her why she did it?

8. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

sorry i just laughed at thatdid she say why... bit of lazyness didnt want to miss the film maybe lol my lo pooped on the stair and tryed o clean it up and got it every where lol ooopsey

9. nada87

nada87 Well-Known Member

mightyspu- i asked she said she wanted to clean my coat. but i'm not sure what to believe. i love her to death, she is my heart and soul but she can be so frustrating. she did say sorry about 10 times now so i decided i should let it go. altho maybe i can convince dh i need to buy a new coat, i kinda wanted one already. i might tell him that my pg nose can't stand the smell.

10. mightyspu

I think one day you will laugh at this. And remember, one day she'll be a teenager and you can hold this story over her head! I'm sure there was some logic in there somewhere, I imagine it seemed like a good idea at the time! I would definatley use the preggy nose excuse to get a new coat though, a girl needs more than one you know!

Though pooping on a pillow, was she going to present it to you?

11. nada87

nada87 Well-Known Member

it was daddy's pillow so maybe she was trying to give us presents. the pillow doesn't bother me cuz that can be thrown in the washer but not my coat. and your right about laughing about it, i already am. but dh will be home in 15 min so i need to practise my sad face.

12. mightyspu

OK! good luck with the sad face, try and squeeze out a tear or two!