Shepherds Pie!

P

PixieKitty

Not sure how others make it but this is one me and my Dad both make :)

1 pack lamb mince
1 can cut green beans
1 can sliced carrots
1 can butter beans
1pint gravy (make this however you prefare it)
6-7 medium sized potatos
Grated cheese
1 half onion
Mushrooms

Preheat over to 190degrees.
Fry lamb mince until brown, add in onions and mushrooms, fry with lamb mince. While this is frying, peel potatos and place in pan of boiling salted water. Once lamb, onions and mushrooms are thoroughly cooked, place in casserole dish. Make one pint of gravy made however you prefare it, and add to casserole dish. Drain veg. and add to gravy-mince, mix it up a bit so everythings nice and spread out.
Pop in the oven while you drain the now boiled potatos, then mash it all up with some milk and butter. Once mashed, take casserole dish out of oven and layer the mash ontop. Place back in the oven for another 10-15 mins, for potato to brown slightly. Add some grated cheese of your choice on top and leave for a further 10 minutes.

Take out, leave to cool slightly then dish it up!
So flavourful, filling, and really easy to make! Cheap too!
xo

I love shephards pie, am I the only weird one to put baked beans with it though?! cant eat it if it dont have baked beans!

I put baked beans in cottage pie the other night, was so nice!

mmm the sound of this has made me hungry! Thanks xxxx

OMG tried this the other night! It was LUSH!! thank you so much. xxxx

I put baked beans in cottage pie the other night, was so nice!

its weird how it adds to it! I did this for a meal for my inlaws once, my fil as I handed over the baked beans looked at me as though I was nuts, but after 2 moutfuls the bugger had near on all the baked beans, makin me heat up a load more!!! :rofl:

I cant eat this at mo though cant stand mince :hissy::hissy: bludy pregnancy hormones/taste buds!

I think im going to try this...iv never made it like this before...thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"