She's always unhappy, and its starting to make me unhappy.

It's the age more than anything hon. They go through some rather big developmental leaps between 3-5 ish months where their whole perception of the world gets tipped upside down with changes. It's understandably unsettling and they cry and get crabby, and they want to cling to what's safe and comforting, which is you. No amount of "things" will ever be good enough to replace you in that sense.

I know how very tiring and frustrating and upsetting it is, but the investment in your time and company now with her to be there for her, comfort her and give her reassurance that when she really needs you will pay off in spades when she develops her independence, knowing that you are there for her.

It seems like a miserable eternity right now, but one day you're going to be doing the dishes in the kitchen and wonder where your baby girl is because she's quiet and not clinging to your leg, and see her sitting contentedly playing with a bowl and wooden spoon, and you're actually going to miss those days when you were her all and everything. :hugs:

Totally agree with everything hivechild has said :thumbup:

its normal at 3 months :thumbup:
Fortunatly Amari was like this from birth so i didnt miss much :dohh:
Its ok. She WILL get through this stage, and by being held close by you, she WILL be a stronger and more independant baby!

I thought" Oh christ, iv made a monster" at that age, she refused point blank to be put down, held by any one else etc etc, now she willm happily play on her own in the sitting room for an hour or more (i just let her roll about) and fall asleep on other people :thumbup:

Try the sling, It saves lots of tears.
good luck hun :hugs:

Thanks for all your encouraging words girls, its helped loads.
x

I could have written your post word for word! Lydia is 18 weeks on Monday and still only Mummy will do! I have to shower super quickly too as she won't even go to OH sometimes and just cries unless I have her high up on MY shoulder at the same height as me so she can look around...she is the nosiest and most inquisitive little girl! Often she'll turn and we'll be face to face and she'll just beam a huge smile at me which does melt my heart. BUT my back is killing me and the housework isn't getting done...

I totally feel for you hunni and wish I had some advise...ladies have said it improves so hoping as she learns to sit up on her own she'll be happy to sit and play so I have at least 5mins to do the bottles/polish/hoover...anything lol!

If you find anything that works please let me know!

Lots of love xx

Isla was like this too at that age. I thought this time would never end and I felt quite tired and worn out from it. Now I'm lucky if she lets me cuddle her for any length of time. she's turned into a right little miss independant and I miss those early days where all she wanted was mummy cuddles

Oh I had this with Ella so bad I couldn't sit down all day because she would scream even though I had sat down in a way that didn't move her at all. Once she became more aware and wanting to actually play it got better. Her jumperoo she hated at first, I would put her in it for about a minute before she cried but after about a month she started to work out what it did about now she loves it and will happily stay in it for about 20 minutes. Same with putting her on her playmat a couple of months ago she had no interest but now she will happily play on her own.

Alex was also like that at the same age. I remember crying about not being able to give my older daughters any time - I know its really hard but it does pass and things get easier. Dont think you're a bad mum, you're not at all :hugs:

now that i read your story i remembered ívar was like that at 2 months... time flies so fast i hardly remember those days ;) now he can be alone on his mat, tummy-time, etc ;)

oh i remember during that time when he was 2 months one thing that could make him settle for 5 mins if i really had to do something was TV and those kind of toys you can hang from above.

I used a baby bjorn to do house work and seemed to do the trick.

Some babies are just more fussy though - my niece is like that - never happy unless her mum holds her and walks around with her. BUT when mum wasn't in sight, she eventually calmed down with her daddy, nana, or me even. So sometimes when you need a breather, get someone else to take her for a little while - she may whine at first, but she'll calm down soon.

I had the same with Sid, he has reflux and for the first 4 months of his life we did everything together. He didn't want to be with anyone else or doing anything else. I remember how hard it is but i kept telling myself to try to enjoy it because they soon get to an age where they are so independant that hugs are few and far between x

I feel for you. I would keep persevering with the moby/carrier if possible. I have a mei tai which LO hated at first. I kept trying every few days and now she likes it. It's at the right height for her to see everything and she even falls asleep in it when I walk to the shops.

Good luck x

something like a mei tai is fab as you an pop them on your back and they can see everything that's going on without you having to hold them. you hands are free, and you can dance like a loon while washing bottles to keep them happy etc. it's made a HUGE difference to us.

I just wanted to commiserate with you.
I had a baby just like yours - miserable from day one! I had my DD attached to my hip as it was the only way to keep her quiet. It was 16 years ago now so I hadn't heard about colic or acid reflux so it could have been one of those things.
At the time I think I just operated in a complete daze. Looking back she was always crying until she became mobile. Then she was the happiest toddler ever.
Keep up the good work. It might seem never ending but as PP's have said - one day you will realise it's all quiet and actually miss that neediness! You're doing a fab job x

it must be awful for you.... i know my daughter just cried constantly when she was a small baby... i remember writing in the wee red book... cries constantly even after food and sleeps. but it didnt last as long as 4 months... hope things settle down for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->