She's coming round the mountain!

H

HerdingDogs

I think my mom might turn around by the time Sept rolls around. She texted me today because I talked to her yesterday about going on some infant care tours. She couldn't because of work, but then texted me suggesting a live in nanny or a Thai nanny like she hired when she had my brothers. We had an actual discussion about it on the phone and the 5 reasons (my pets) it wouldn't work. Then, she asked me about krav and complimented me for not going anymore since it is dangerous. AND she asked about my MS. There was something else that was like I cannot believe she said that (in a good way). She did say my brother is outrageously POed at me, but in the same breath she asked if I was coming over this weekend. When I said I had to clean out my garage (so I can move the snake to the garage, dining table to the kitchen, and leave that space clear she cautioned me about moving stuff. OH! It was the cat littler. The last thing she said to me was, "K, love you. Be careful when you clean the cat litter." :) She's not happy, but she's accepted I am an adult who makes my own choices. Which is nice. Because BD is not responding to my texts. I only sent two. Anyway. Thought I would share because I was flipping out the other day and a lot of you tried to assure me my mom would eventually come around but I couldn't see the end of the tunnel. We're still a ways away, but there's a flickering dot of light!

Your mum loves you and will always have your best interests at heart - whether she agrees with your choices or not! X

Just curious. Why would your mom be upset you are pregnant? And why are your brothers PO'ed??

DJ: She does. She didn't say it last night when she hung up, so I pulled the classic, "LOVE YOU, TOO!" I'm so mature sometimes. She said, "Of course, I love you. Don't be dumb. Even though you're kind of being dumb *laughs* I still love you." We have a very open relationship.

DSemco: My family is upset, and i haven't even told my stepdad since he has his own stress to deal with, because this is an unplanned blessing. I was not in a steady relationship since I finally decided to stop settling. I was just dating around. The father of my baby is a guy I used to work with. He's really handsome and super sweet, but not what my parents call "top of the barrel". It was also very much a one night occurrence. It just happened to be the morning of the day I Oed, and all of our preventative precautions failed despite our best effort. Being that I have just about accomplished all I want to accomplish, I made the decision to keep the baby. He was super supportive until he realized I was not changing my mind, and then he lost his "stuff".

My family knows I will be a great mother. It's what makes me such a great teacher. What they don't condone is having a child out of wedlock because of the strain it will put on me doing this alone, and the emotional hole I am putting my child in to not have a dad/ a situation where both parents are happily together.

I hope that he does stick to his word and go with me to my first prenatal on 2/12, but I haven't heard from him in about a week. I don't even know what I want from him. He's a good guy and in a different realm I would consider dating him, but he doesn't have his stuff together. We're the same age but on very different ends of the figured out my life plan spectrum. I don't know. A mutual friend came to help me move stuff who also used to work with us and happens to be a dad. He said he lost his stuff when he first found out, but now he loves being a dad and co-parenting. He knows the guy really well and said he couldn't believe the dad and I got in a fight and that he would come around. I told him (my friend) he should make a Dudes' Group with him to get him ready haha.

But at the end of the day, I can do this and I've got this. The only thing I need help with prenatal is not overwhelming myself. It'd be nice to have someone around to say, "You look exhausted today, can I clean the cat room for you?" or "I'll make dinner while you walk the dogs." or "Honey, you're pregnant. You don't need to lay on the floor to light the pilot light. I can do that."

Sorry for the long post! It helps me sort out my thoughts to type my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->