Ellie130891

Barry(OH)and Ruby(LO) :)
Reaction score
My LO had her first virus last week
Has now more or less recovered
Most babies go floppy and sleep for hours and hours
Mine...Doesnt!
She does 2 hrs at a time on a good night
Shes still doing every 2 hrs but is refusing to nap in the day and taking 3-4 hrs to settle at night
Shes not falling asleep on the breast anymore either

She will have her feed and then pull off and cry until i sit her up at which point she starts crawling around again

I just want to cry....the other morning she was awake 1-5 just crying because she didnt want to take milk

I neeeeeed sleep its been nearly 12 months of waking 6 times a night and now its taking hours for her to settle to

Is there some sleep regressiony/stop sleeping/napping/falling asleep on the boob thing at 12 months that i dont know about?

:(

xxx

...according to "The Wonder Weeks" (TWW), there is a major developmental leap wiht a fussy period starting anywhere from 49 weeks than can carry on until 55 weeks old. A lot of the fussiness is about wanting to be "in control" of their parents leaving/not leaving. Other signs include:

:flow: It looks like she gets a temper tantrum spontaneously. Annoying, but clever! She knows when she's not allowed to do something and this frustrates her.
:flow: She grabs a teddy bear more often.
:flow: She wants to be entertained more often.
:flow: She cries more often and is cranks, moody and grumpy.

^^ Typed out from the iPhone app of TWW.

Sorry cant help. Didnt want to read and run, my lad is 8 months and has never slept trough the night. Im up and down every 3 hours and Im like a walking zombie. My OH doesnt think its his job to do any nights and never has so I know how exhausted you must feel. Just keep saying ...ITS NOT FOREVER .......Hope our little ones learn to sleep soon xx

ty guys

yeah my OH works nights so im in it alone atm
yeah shes very fussy atm wriggling on the breast but no wind wanting to be crawling all the time and doing stuff shes barely eating too doesnt wanna sit in the high chair and eat

put her down 10 mins ago and shes awake
she never self settles

im so tired i could cry!

How long you planning on BF?
My sister had this problem, and she found at 14 months when she decided to change to cows milk, her LO slept a lot better.. But that might just be him.
Hope Ruby settles soon for you and you get a little bit of sleep :flower:

ty hun
we tried cows milk and she got an intolerance we were told to try again in a month but she hated the taste anyway wont take any other form

i had never planned how long to do it some days like today i wish id never started!!!

now im at the point where i think il feed till shes old enough to understand she has to stop

ty hun
we tried cows milk and she got an intolerance we were told to try again in a month but she hated the taste anyway wont take any other form

i had never planned how long to do it some days like today i wish id never started!!!

now im at the point where i think il feed till shes old enough to understand she has to stop

Does she take a bottle, i know you might not want to, but it may help you get some sleep.
Other than that, im out of idea's, maybe one day it will catch up to her and she'll sleep all night :) :flower:

shell take a bottle of water but no formula or cows milk she just wont touch it. was up every half hour last night i feel so tired i feel like my hearts going to stop and il die

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->