She's just miserable:(

wannabewillow

Reaction score
Hiya all.

Just on for a wee bit of advice. Mairi's usually a cheerful 14 month old bundle of mischief, and I know that the Teething Monster's probably playing a big part in this, buuuuuut.... For the last week, she's been so miserable most of the time. She's taking temperatures, not constantly, like when she had tonsillitis, maybe about once or twice a day. I took her to the Drs on Tuesday and she couldn't find anything. She's only sleeping for an hour or two at a time during the night, then waking and crying hysterically as if something is really hurting her. When she's awake, she moans as if somethings causing her pain. She's been on regular paracetamol and ibuprofen since Sunday, although I haven't given her ibuprofen tonight as she's now stopped eating. The analgesia only really works for about an hour-2 hours after giving it. She's usually so outgoing, and now she's mega clingy (not denying her any cuddles at all). Bath time used to be the best time of day, now if you so much as mention the word, she screams and clings onto me for dear life! Her cheeks aren't particularly red and her bum isn't sore like they are when she's normally teething. There's no vomiting or diarrhoea.

This week has been such a struggle, when I go to work, I can't stop thinking about her. If she's the same on Monday, I'm going to phone in because I hate the thought of leaving her :cry:.

Has anyone else had this kind of 'nothing obvious wrong, but nothing right' weeks with their LOs. I miss my happy mischievious wee monkey, wish I could just take whatever's happening on myself so she wouldn't feel so bad anymore.:nope:

Sorry this sounds so down in the dumps. Hope everyone's ok.
Joanne x

I totally know how you feel after this week hun, H had a tummy bug last weekend, and the nappies /sickness lasted 3 days, my washer took one hell of a beating let me tell you!
He's still not properly right and has been really similar to Mairi this week too and seems really clingy and he's NEVER been a clingy child. Hope she's just feeling a bit under the weather and is back to normal soon. I think that they must feel the cold and time of year just like we do in january, dark days, dark mornings, surely they must feel it too?

I know how you feel. Omar is teething non stop & he's sooo grumpy. His nose is always runny & he's not sleeping well at night. He seems fine but he's sooo whiney those days. He cries for nothing most of the time & he's off food. He's also on regular ibrufen & calpol for 5 days now but they'r not really helping. DH is travelling tom for 6 days, & Omar is soo attached to his dad, I dont know how I'll cope when he's away :(

My little boy was like this a few weeks ago and eventually, after two visits to the doctors, I found out he had an ear infection. After a few days on antibiotics he was much improved. Perhaps pop back to the doctors surgery but see a different doctor just to be on the safe side?

sounds like molars to me! Hannah turned into a little devil when her first and second set of molars came in :hugs: Hope it gets better soon

:hugs:

We've had this weird sleep hell since just before xmas and I am just about worn through.

H had 5 teeth coming through (4 molars), which I've been able to feel for about half that time.

I feel so guilty for the amount of calpol/calprofen/anbesol she's had in that time.

The last 3 nights have - touch wood - been the start of settling down - even though the molars only just seem to be cutting the gums now.

The last week she's been particularly stroppy and quite unlike her previous self.
It's partly amusing that she's trying on 'huffy' for size, plonking herself on her backside with a face-on and trying to throw her weight around - she's way too cute to pull any of it off :winkwink: But it's also exhausting :sleep:

I'm unsure if it's just that she's finding her inner toddler... but I'm secretly hoping she will sweeten again once these molars pop out :blush:

Thanks everyone. It's a bit crazy at the mo. One minute I think she's fine, next minute, cue the tears and sobs. I know she's not really really poorly, but it's still upsetting to see oour little ones like this. The only slight positive to come out of this is, she seems to have really bonded with DH over the last few days when I've been working, she went through a phase recently where she didn't want to go to him for cuddles, now it's the other way round (I'm a bit sad about it, but it's nice to see her want her daddy). She's been awake again for 45 minutes, if she makes it to an hour, we're going to phone NHS24 to see if an emergency dr will see her. Thanks for your kind words everyone. xxx

The last week she's been particularly stroppy and quite unlike her previous self.
It's partly amusing that she's trying on 'huffy' for size, plonking herself on her backside with a face-on and trying to throw her weight around - she's way too cute to pull any of it off :winkwink: But it's also exhausting :sleep:

Yip, Mairi's doing the same with the pouting and huffing for a couple of months now. I think she's testing the boundaries when she's huffy. Mainly when going in the car seat or pram. She does this funny wee thing where she presses her chin to her chest (making it double up), furrows her brow and pouts... she looks like Harold Bishop and I feel guilty for laughing, but it is sort of cute. :dohh:

Yip, Mairi's doing the same with the pouting and huffing for a couple of months now. I think she's testing the boundaries when she's huffy. Mainly when going in the car seat or pram. She does this funny wee thing where she presses her chin to her chest (making it double up), furrows her brow and pouts... she looks like Harold Bishop and I feel guilty for laughing, but it is sort of cute. :dohh:

It just makes me wonder WHERE on earth they get it from :shrug:

They don't see people behaving like that... we must be genetically wired to huff and gurn :rofl:

Yes I know exactly what you mean. Sam has been sooo whiny and grumpy lately. He cut 5 teeth in 7 weeks, 4 of which were his first molars. It now appears as though he might be getting his canines but I'm not sure, they could be sitting in the gums for ages before coming through. He is just so difficult to pacify. If he isn't getting much attention or getting exactly what he wants when he wants it, he just grumps and whines and it's driving me barmy!! His sleep has been a living hell! It's calmed down somewhat but he is still waking a couple of times a night.

I hope whatever it is stops as I'm running low on patience: I suppose it doesn't help that I'm 8 months pregnant, patience is at an all time low!!

Same here! 5am most mornings when we're used to 7.30 :sleep: she also has 2 molars and 1 front tooth coming they have cut the gum just coming down now x for her own sake as well as mine I wish she'd go back to normal and sleep through and have a decent night sleep :sleep: xxx

My little boy was like this a few weeks ago and eventually, after two visits to the doctors, I found out he had an ear infection. After a few days on antibiotics he was much improved. Perhaps pop back to the doctors surgery but see a different doctor just to be on the safe side?

^wss^ we had the same happen to us x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->