• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

shes not poo'ing!

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
Ava's not poo'd in like.. 2 days ... theyre meant to twice a day at this age what should i do?x

Is she breast fed or formula fed? From what I recall, it's not unusual for BF babies to go longer between poos (as there's so little waste product from the breast milk). FF babies can get a bit constipated, but our doctor said it would have to get to 5 days with no poo for them to be concerned. Our HV suggested (when Romilly was Ava's age) giving little sips of cooled boiled water (literally just sips, not too much).

boiled water cooled with brown sugar used to do the trick for my LO. not to much tho.

Ah ok, Well i breast fed for 3 days but because i was so ill - she was getting ill and she got jaundiced and basically was not getting food. So we use Aptamil now, ive no idea if thats the best milk to use i guess we will just try it and see how it goes.. she seems fine on it but isnt dirtying nappies, plenty wet but thats it! so boiled cooled water with a drop of brown sugar? like a teaspoon full of the water will that be enough?

I combination feed Skyla and she only tends to go once a day..doesn't seem to be a problem :shrug:

At that age they're aren't really 'meant' to do anything hun, they will go when they need to go!! My LO used to go 4\5 days and then have a big stinky messy explosion.

Ah ok, Well i breast fed for 3 days but because i was so ill - she was getting ill and she got jaundiced and basically was not getting food. So we use Aptamil now, ive no idea if thats the best milk to use i guess we will just try it and see how it goes.. she seems fine on it but isnt dirtying nappies, plenty wet but thats it! so boiled cooled water with a drop of brown sugar? like a teaspoon full of the water will that be enough?

We use Aptamil too because we'd read up that it's less likely to give LO constipation, wind etc and so far it's been great. She doesnt poo every day tho, more every other day but they're not hard, they're still squidgy (TMI lol!) like they were when I was BFing.
Cant really give you any advice regarding the constipation tho, if Evie hasnt been for a day or two, I usually give her some cool boiled water or a warm bath. She always seems to poo when I take her nappy off to change her too lol!

ella only poops eery few days which i was worried about, but the mws and hv said that thats probably normal for her. the doctor said not to worry about it either, they're all different!!

yeah, well its all good shes going regular now, maybe it was just a change over from my milk to formula. Also agree about Aptamil and wind, she barely ever has any!

Connah sometimes has a few days where he wont go...but he makes up for it after a day or 2 when he has a huge poop explosion!:dohh:

When Leyla was jaundiced and not feeding enough, the hospital advised us that aptamil is the closest to breastmilk. We've found that on aptamil, her poos are half way between what's normal for breast fed and what's normal for formula fed babies. Up until about 12 weeks, she only ever pooed every other day or so. It was more the lack of weeing that the hospital were concerned about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"