• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Shettles Method for Gender

BabyShaw

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? We would like a girl but obviously are blessed with either! Seems crazy but figure its worth a shot.

We inadvertently did it with DS1 we were DTD all over ovulation, with DS2 we had sex once 4 days before I thought ovulation was going to happen, both boys. I don't think there's much to shettles, some scientists think it's the opposite. I think diet has a bigger influence.

Yeah, research has shown that if there is any correlation at all (which would probably be negligible), it is the opposite of Shettles. We would like a girl too, so I was looking into it.

Hmm what in diet would raise the likelihood of conceiving a girl?

It's so complex and there's so much conflicting info it's hard to paraphrase, I think basically "low in everything" look at the in gender site loooads of info there, there's supplements men can take too. A lot of it is about changing the pH of the environment of the cervix/womb as female and male sperm thrive in different environments, I believe female sperm prefer higher acidity, diet can change this and so can douching if you're so inclined lol. We never looked into it but if we had a third I think I would dabble but it's a lot of work and probably doesn't change the odds that much. DH has one female in his lineage out of 42 including our boys so tbh I don't think we stand a chance whatever we do haha.

Aww, just because your DH is part of a family of all men doesn't mean that you're doomed to only have boys. My DF is the only boy out of 4 or 5 children and we still got a boy the first time around. I'm hopeful that genetics will favor a girl next time around, but we'd be happy either way as long as we have a healthy child. I also believe that diet has more to do with gender swaying than timing of intercourse as well. I also think that having :sex: more often sways :pink:.

I'm obviously a girl, but my entire family just knew I would be a boy, because that's all the family ever had. So, when I came out as a girl, everyone was so surprised. Ended up being the only girl on my dad's side of the family. Biologically the only girl on my mom's side as well, since the two female cousins are adopted. My husband is one of four boys. His mom was pregnant with a girl I think after the third boy, but sadly miscarried. So the odds aren't in my favor, but there's definitely a chance for a girl. Really hoping for a girl, because we really only want to have one child until WAY later when we adopt/foster. If we have a boy, we'll get started on adopting a girl pretty dang fast. I'd love a boy, but we want a single child!

apreslaube I thought I wanted a girl first too when I was WTT for the first time. I was a lot happier than I expected to be when I found out that I was having a boy and I can't imagine having had a girl first now that he's here. Bouncing baby boys are so special, and as much as I would love to have a daughter I know that I would feel no regret if I had another little :blue: as I love my DS so much and I know that I would feel the exact same way about any other boys I might have. :cloud9:

I don't think family history can tell you much about what gender to expect. DH is one of four boys, all of his brothers had sons etc so we were fully expecting to be told boy at our 20 week scan. However we had a girl, the first on his side so you never know!

Having said that we did do a girl sway - only diet, not timing. We won't ever know if it had any effect but I like to think it did!

My oh has not had a girl in his family for 120 + years. My first son I knew was a boy, I wasn't surprised my second child was a boy either. This time round I was positive we'd have another boy, but surprise surprise were having a girl! Didn't do anything different TTC her from her brothers x

I duno after 2 boys and his 2 brothers and numerous uncles I'm pretty convinced hubby can only make boys, convinced enough to put off any TTC plans until I know I am trying for the right reasons.

Hey there Babyshaw, NO obvious advice on this but just thought I would say hey and if you remember me from back when we had our first babies..hiya back if you do :)! So are you TTC for #2? We are too...currently in the TWW...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"