shock

Noirin

Reaction score
had a missed call from my mum, been tryin to ring her for an hour so fone my sister to see if shes heard from her, turns out shes in hospital with my dad, hes had a heart attack but they don't want any of us down :wacko: took me best prt of 20 mins to get this out of my sister, think they're playing it down because im pregnant!! but then got talkin to my other sister whos cryin her eyes out down the fone:wacko: i on the other hand have no tears in sight :S i think im in shock :S is it normal to not be in tears here :S me and my dad are realyyyyyy close and i was just talkin to him last nyt wdf :S

i don't know 1 sisters hysterical, and the other 2 arent sayin much other than waitin for tests results :S they're keepin him in and hes on a heart monitor i knw that much but my mums fone and his are both turned off :S

Thinking of you and your family <3 hope he's okay! x

So sorry hun, thinking of you and your family. He's in the best place to be taken care of.

As for no tears, shock can do strange things to us. Don't be surprised if later on maybe even in a few days it hits you and the tears start rolling.

Sending you hugs!

X

So sorry hun, thinking of you and your family. He's in the best place to be taken care of.

As for no tears, shock can do strange things to us. Don't be surprised if later on maybe even in a few days it hits you and the tears start rolling.

Sending you hugs!

X

thanks hun!! i duno the smallest thing makes me cry these days so the fact that something that would warrant tears doesnt is kinda weird :S the fact that no1 is allowed to go down freaks me out, my dads sucha proud person i know he wodnt want us to see him in a vulnerable way :wacko:

Awe hun Massive hugs to you and your family xxxIm sure if it was really bad they would let you up xoxoxShock does funny things to us.Praying everything is ok xx

Hi hun, try and get whatever info that you can, it will make it easier not to stress.

If I can help at all let me know. Im an ICU nurse who works with hearts.

Most people who have a heart attack spend a night or 2 being monitored and usually end up being perfectly fine, and will live a healthy life with a few modifications. (Diet and exercise) Some people need surgery to fix the blocked vessels, others only a small stent.

I'll be keeping your dad in my prayers.

Thinking of you hun!!

I saw my ex on a life support machine with lots of wires etc around him (after a car crash) when I went in to intensive care I just laughed as didn't know what to do, I didn't cry for a good couple of hours. We cope in strange ways!

Hope everything turns out ok. Sending love and hugs to you and bump and family xx

:hugs: Shock sounds about right, if and when the tears start rolling make sure you have all the support you need. thinking of you and your family x

Hi hun, try and get whatever info that you can, it will make it easier not to stress.

If I can help at all let me know. Im an ICU nurse who works with hearts.

Most people who have a heart attack spend a night or 2 being monitored and usually end up being perfectly fine, and will live a healthy life with a few modifications. (Diet and exercise) Some people need surgery to fix the blocked vessels, others only a small stent.

I'll be keeping your dad in my prayers.

he smokes like at least 60 ciggeretes a day and is forever coughing like crazy, its obviously put too much strain on his heart but he doesnt listen and wont give them up, hopefuly this gives him the shove he needs!! i know my grandad (his dad) had a massive heart attack at 55 (the age my dad will be in jan) so could be in his blood? my grandad went on to live 4 another 20 years! my sister said mums gona fone wen she knows anything else, hope its soon for im starting to freak the more i think :wacko:

Your dad is by the sounds of it trying to be strong and protect you all by asking you not to come in to see him. For someone who is normally so proud I expect he just really doesn't want anyone seeing him looking vulnerable and not his usual self.

Try not to look into that too much, I know that's way easier said than done though.

I've not experienced this with either of my parents but have had 2 uncles have heart attacks. One was very severe whereas the other had what they called a 'mild' heart attack. Both of them are still with us and very healthy now. They were kept in to be monitored and then more or less allowed home after a good rest, and given strict instructions to listen to their bodies and take it as a warning to slow down.

I'm sure you're dad will be just fine. The fact that like me you are crying your eyes out over every little thing but are yet to shed a tear over this screams out that you're in shock. Give yourself time to come to terms with it, don't try to bottle any of your feelings up, talk to your oh about it and when you do feel like you need a good cry then just let it out.

Xxx

How is he doing? I hope he is ok and you!!

Oh honey, not much to add, just wanted to send my best wishes and hugs xx

Let us know how you go. Hoping all turns out ok for your Dad x

Your dad is by the sounds of it trying to be strong and protect you all by asking you not to come in to see him. For someone who is normally so proud I expect he just really doesn't want anyone seeing him looking vulnerable and not his usual self.

Try not to look into that too much, I know that's way easier said than done though.

I've not experienced this with either of my parents but have had 2 uncles have heart attacks. One was very severe whereas the other had what they called a 'mild' heart attack. Both of them are still with us and very healthy now. They were kept in to be monitored and then more or less allowed home after a good rest, and given strict instructions to listen to their bodies and take it as a warning to slow down.

I'm sure you're dad will be just fine. The fact that like me you are crying your eyes out over every little thing but are yet to shed a tear over this screams out that you're in shock. Give yourself time to come to terms with it, don't try to bottle any of your feelings up, talk to your oh about it and when you do feel like you need a good cry then just let it out.

Xxx

thanks for your kind words hun!! i hope this is the case with my dad!! i dont know my dads NEVER been ill it just feels weird!! well im telling myself hes to proud to want us to see him liek that and surely if it was serious my mum wodnt stop us going down right? thing is my husbands in town at the minute, i know if i fone him he'll come home in a flash but tbh i dont see the point in him rushing home:wacko: like im fine at the moment and i think if i actualy talk about it i might break :dohh:

Yes, Heart disease is Genetic, and hopefully, this will be what convinces him to give up the cigarettes.

From the bits and pieces of info that you have be given, its sounds like he is going to be ok, and just needs a bit of monitoring. Its not uncommon for people to live many years following a heart attack, and if he takes good care of himself, He should be the same.

:hugs:

Will keep your dad in my prayers tonight, fingers crossed he makes a speedy recovery xx

Oh hun, that's terrible, but from what you have described, it sounds like he is probably going to be on the mend. They can treat heart attacks very well these days. I hope he feels better soon and has a speedy recovery.

Shocking things make people behave in strange ways. I remember when my dad told me he had cancer, i said 'Oh', gave him a kiss on the cheek and then went downstairs to make myself a snack. I didnt talk about it or even cry until he was at end stages and hospitalised as my 'must be practical' mode kicked in and I focussed on keeping life business as usual for the family. People came over to visit him when they heard the news and commented that I was acting strangely normal. I dont know what they expected me to do - I'm not the emotional breakdown type of girl. Everyone reacts differently I guess. What I am trying to say is dont feel that you have to behave a certain way just because others might think you should. Do whats best for you and your dad. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->