Shocked to be here

sequeena

Winging it.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm very nervous and excited to be here... but I still can't quite believe it!

We've had 3 losses, I spent most of 2010 off my face on anti depressants and ended up in hospital after overdosing. The day I actually found out I was pregnant was the same day my abuser was found not guilty in court - talk about mixed emotions :wacko:

First trimester had gone quite smoothly for me, I had spotting for 2 days at 8 weeks but that was because OH I decided to dtd :blush: I had the usual nausea which kicked up a gear at 11 weeks but started waning at 12 weeks.

I almost got to second tri without major problems, then I was prescribed an anti depressant which I had a reaction to - dizziness, shaking, vomiting blood etc. I ended up in A&E on a drip to rehydrate me and a b vitamin drip to help with the sickness. I was also given zofran and something beginning with r.

I was then transferred to another hospital where I had the most horrendous experience. I was not given the doppler I was promised to check on the baby, my cannula clotted with blood so my drip could not get through and it wasn't changed though I did ask about it. They almost gave me an endoscopy without telling me the risk of miscarriage :dohh: In the end I discharged myself as it was just ridiculous. I was feeling a lot better but was not happy with the care I received.

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs047.snc6/167712_1851417090347_1388356992_2088962_6466549_n.jpg

Tomorrow I have to see my doctor to talk about where we go from here anti depressant wise but I hope this is it and the rest of my pregnancy goes smoothly!!

Did I mention how excited I am to be here? :happydance:

Welcome to second trimester and glad your pregnancy is going well :)

hello and welcome to 2nd tri

i was on anti depressants but whn i got preg i came straight off them, threw them all out which was prob not th best of ideas as i am now the worlds worst worrier.

i suffer from pretty bad anxiety and panic about everything

think my midwife is gettin fed up of me

i havent felt well at all thru th pregnancy - but i am one of those ppl who even when ill and feeling horrendous i dont look ill
if tht makes sense

i put on make up and then look ok and ppl just think i am fine when really i am almost read to drop

think i am going to speak to doc about this as i am getting to feel more and more down live on my own and just worry for baby all th time.

had m/c when i was 6/7weeks in aug 08 i still havent and never will get over that.

r u going to complain about th care you got at hosp i think i defo would as not exactly brill to be put thru that sort of stress whilst preg

i hate hospitals and try to stay away as much as i can i only go if i really really have to
th whole miscarriage experience whilst in hosp has scared me

enjoy 2nd tri :)

x

hey squeena!!! So happy to see you doing so well with this pregnancy (well, um, you know what I mean, lol.. hospital trips aside!)

I truly hope your second trimester goes very well Sarah!, fingers crossed :D

Lovely to see you here :D :happydance::flower:

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful second trimester. It sounds line you've had a pretty rough time but just think. In a few months you'll be a new mom holding your precious bundle. What a wonderful thing. I can't wait! Good luck with your pregnancy Hun!

Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone :)

I will probably complain about it, it was ridiculous how they treated me and as soon as they knew I was discharging myself they all became very distant and snappy. The consultant at the time was pregnant so you can imagine the friction between us :dohh:

If you are feeling awful Laura perhaps it is best to go back on the anti d's but I would be very careful... don't want to end up like me :lol:

heu hun so pleased to see that u've joined us in 2nd tri! :)

bloody hell def complain about the hosp!!! hope ur doing well otherwise hun xx

feel like i darent take them

i have a few months left so not to long, but i think i will need to go back on them again other wise will get super down after birth, as will be thinking bout bf in afghan and just dwell on that. and cant have that happening when lil girl is here.

think th hormones make everything seem worse sometimes!!

making me prettyy angry as of late towards bf and i dont know why

oh well!! lol!

alllll will be fine for us both

x

heu hun so pleased to see that u've joined us in 2nd tri! :)

bloody hell def complain about the hosp!!! hope ur doing well otherwise hun xx

Hello again glad to see you're doing well :D

Thanx hun, we're doing very well and glad ur too apart from the hosp trips!
xxx

:wave::wave::wave: Hi Sequeena! Nice to see you here!

Hi hun! Nice to see you here I have had rubbish care of a Docter this week as well! Must be something in the water!

Hello Apricot!!

Hi hun! Nice to see you here I have had rubbish care of a Docter this week as well! Must be something in the water!

Maybe they're all on their periods :haha:

Well I saw my GP today who was a bit confused as to why I was there... he didn't understand why the hospital saw fit for me to make an appointment with him.

Between us we have decided that I will not go back on anti depressants for the forseeable future. He told me the further I can get before I need them the less the baby will have withdrawal symptoms at birth (OMFG I was not told that by the midwife!!!).

Turns out my water infection has cleared up so YAY!

Hey you !!! Great to seee you here sweetheart, I hope that things continue to go relatively well for you and no problems arise, *big hugs* WELLDONE FOR MAKING IT HERE!

Hey you !!! Great to seee you here sweetheart, I hope that things continue to go relatively well for you and no problems arise, *big hugs* WELLDONE FOR MAKING IT HERE!

Oh hello, nice to see you again :D Thank you!!

hey sequeena and apricot!
nice to see you both here:wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"