Shocked!!

Becky

Jacobs Mummy
Reaction score
I dont mean to offend anyone by posting this but I am completely shocked by a conversation I had a moment ago!!

Basically I girl who was at my school had a little boy 3 weeks ago and she asked how I was getting on, So i tell her and ask her how he is and how she is coping, she tells me its easy!!

The reason it is easy is because her mum looks after him at night!! now i can understand people may have valid reasons for having this sort of set up but her reason is because she enjoys her sleep and her mum has done it before so it easier for her to do it!!

She bought this boy into the world surely its her responsibility to care for him 24/7 and be there for him!!

I was just shocked as I could never imagine not being the person that cared for my baby!!

x

I hear what your saying, but wait until you've had a few nights or MONTHS with out much sleep and you'll be BEGGING someone to help you out so you can sleep some at night with out waking up hour after hour :) Its definitly not easy, as she made it sound, but I wouldn't knock it until you've been there either. I hear you on the not asking people to do your duties for you, I feel that way occasionally when ladies send the baby to the nursery the whole 2 nights they are at the hospital after giving birth, sort of like its time to jump in there with both feel ha.

I can fully understand and appriciate the fact that I will be completely shattered and yes I may feel different to I do now but my thought on it was she knew what came with being a mum and she isnt living up to the responsibilty!!

x

What age is she and does she live at home? if i where her mum i would be handing that kid back to her and having her face up to what she made. But then if she wont take care who else will but granny.

Iv had 2 kids , My mum lived with me with my first (Long story bad husband for her etc) .
And i still did stupid o clock In pjs walking to the kitchen with eyes half closed lol .
Now every now and again it would be nice for a break , But full time i couldnt imagine any one doing my job as a mummy :) . Of course for special circumstances u cannot thats different but just because u dont fancy getting up at night is obserd . xxx .

There are lots of people like this out there, my next door neighbours seem to always have their children with their grandparents. I'm not sure though whether its at the grandparents insistance though :shrug:

Just depends i guess on your thoughts when you have children i dont want to leave my LO with anyone but people automatically expect becuase i'm younger that i will be relying on my mum!! It pisses me off royally!! :grr:

There are lots of people like this out there, my next door neighbours seem to always have their children with their grandparents. I'm not sure though whether its at the grandparents insistance though :shrug:

Just depends i guess on your thoughts when you have children i dont want to leave my LO with anyone but people automatically expect becuase i'm younger that i will be relying on my mum!! It pisses me off royally!! :grr:

I know how you feel its people like this that give us a bad name!!

x

Sadly, I am not shocked but I do agree with your feelings on this. As much as my mother is going to be a part of my babys life, it's my baby at the end of the day and I'll be responsible for the less enjoyable parts of bringing up a child (being awake at night, stinky nappies etc etc). There's nothing wrong with accepting help when you need it but there's a huge difference in asking for help, and being totally lazy!

More fool her Mum. She'll be sorry when she realises she's a mother again instead of a grandmother.

I can't believe her mom actually does that! Me and my OH are living with my parents, but I know there's no chance my mom would be up every night looking after our LO, she's our responsiblity after all. x

My stepsons mother is like this. She offs her child on everyone else and spends ZERO time with him. She works and goes to school non-stop and the only free-time she has to spend with him, she goes out to party! Ridiculous if you ask me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->