Shocker

bther

Single mummy to Zachary
Reaction score
Hi!

I’m back and have a bit of a story to tell!

I’m mummy to 6 yo Z (boy) and 3 yo W (girl). My step daughter (P) turned 7 in early March. She came to live with us temporarily in mid February as her mummy got poorly quite suddenly. My OH and his ex don’t get on very well so it came out of the blue that this happened. P had to change schools so it was a big change. It was reiterated to us that it would only ever be temporary. P also has additional needs - dyslexia, dyscalclia and we believe another mild learning difficulty. She is 2 years behind where she should be at school.

Last Wednesday her mummy passed away suddenly so now P is living with us permanently.

Thursday morning I got a surprise BFP. I’m 5 weeks today.

I’m struggling to believe that this is my life and not that of an Eastenders character!

Congratulations of your new pregnancy! Sorry to hear about everything else that’s happened. I hope P’s transition is smooth. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Wow that is like eastenders. It's going to be hard for P with everything happening so suddenly. I hope she finds comfort in the fact she still has her Dad and you to look after her.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, this will be my #4 so I will have 4 in the house too.

Congratulations on the pregnancy! Sorry to hear about your step daughters mother. That must be so hard for her and have its trials for you also. I am glad she had you and her dad. How are you doing with it all? I am dyslexia if you have any questions. It's not like I am an expert or anything but me and my sister are both dyslexic.

Congratulations on your bfp firstly :)

I'm so sorry though that as a family you're also going through a tough time. I just wanted to chime in and say I understand as we faced a similar situation to yourself. My step son (almost 5 at the time) came to stay for the school holidays back in 2013, we had just had our DD who was a surprise baby soon after the arrival of our DS. A few days before we were meant to take step son back to his mum's, my husband got a call from his mother to say step son's mum had passed away. There wasn't anything obviously wrong, she passed away of a rare heart abnormality that had gone undetected (sudden adult death syndrome).
It was a lot for us all to cope with; going from three children living with us to having a surprise baby and step son living with us, then having to move home so soon after having moved because there wasn't the room there which was a shame since we liked the house, dealing with grief, last but certainly not least. It was surreal.
You will be ok though. It will be hard st first, but things will be ok. There are groups for children who lose someone close to them, when and if you feel she would benefit. The school will support her and you too. I don't know but it may be worth taking her out of school for a couple of weeks? I did this when my eldest's dad passed away because he just wanted to be with me all the time.
I do hope you're all doing ok

Oh my! CONGRATS on BOTH new additions to the family! It is quite a change for you all but love (and patience!) will get you all through!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->