Shooting pain when having a wee!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by lennie, Dec 17, 2009.

1. lennie

lennie Active Member

Hi,

I'm just over 7 weeks and last night started geting a shooting pain when having a wee:blush:

It's not enough to make you say oww just makes me jump. I'm not going to loo very often and there is no change in colour.

Has anyone else had this, or do you think I should take a trip to the Dr's?

Thanks for reading

2. ladypotter

ladypotter Three Girls!!!

You may have a urinary infection...or the start of one. I would definately get it checked out. Those are NO FUN!!!

3. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

I agree with ladypotter sounds like a uti. I would drink LOTS of cranberry juice to flush it out and see the dr.

You need to keep trying to pee to flush it out so lots of fluid. XX

4. MummyMagic

MummyMagic Well-Known Member

I have the same and I'm nearly 10 weeks (been getting it for about a week now) I thought it was a UTI but I had my urine checked today and I don't have one. The MW said that it could be where the muscles are stretching? Maybe get it checked out anyway though hun xx

5. beachlover1

beachlover1 Pregnant and mummy of one

my MW said UTIs are really commin in pregnancy, get it checked out to be sure. x

6. td1309

td1309 Well-Known Member

My friend had this and her midwife said if the pain occurs whilst weeing then it's likely to be a uti but if it's afterwards it's probably not and more likely to be because she holds her wee in for too long and with everything moving about and stretching it's causing her pain!! xxxxxxxxxx