Shooting Pains

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Beautywithin, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Beautywithin

Beautywithin Mummy of two

Since yesterday i seem to be getting shooting pains ( most times when my bubs kicks ) which feels like it is right down below in my lady bits :blush: feels very odd.... anyone else get this?

also i am sure he is head down, because a lot of movement im feeling is really down low, see MW tuesday so should no

if he is head down already, is there a chance he will stay that way till i give birth?

x

2. hudz26

hudz26 Mum to 3

i have been getting shooting pains two hun, i get them mostly at the bottom of my bump or up the side of my bump but have had them same as you as well, no idea really what they are tho lol

as for lo been head down my lo has been head down since about 26 weeks and has stayed put xxxx

3. jenniferannex

jenniferannex Well-Known Member

ive had those before, down there it feels like someones stabbing me in my bits somtimes! very sharp and they suddenly go! ive read that its just pressure of the baby as he/she is in the head down position! they can be very painful though and uncomfy! xx

4. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Yep, I get these pains in both my hoohaa and my bum! Feels like electric pains, like you're being electrocuted or stabbed with knitting needles. It's just pressure from baby's head :)

5. Xinola

Xinola Loving my time with Sini

I also feel similar pains, they normally don't last long, but do take me by surprise... and make me feel a bit uncomfortable when in social situations :blush: I thought it was all due to baby's head too.

6. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I can relate to that! They can take your breath away and you have to pretend nothing's happened....lest people who've watched too much TV think you're in labour.

I swear my LO has been equipped with a flick-knife :dohh:

7. samzi

samzi mummy to issy,alice&luke

ive been getting this today too. surely my baby cant be head down yet though? got mw on fri so i guess il find out!

8. jenniferannex

jenniferannex Well-Known Member

my baby was in the head down postion from 30 weeks, so your baby is probably lying this way too! it wont be engaged yet but atleast you know shes heading in the right direction! lol. x

9. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

I used to get those pains, they were bloody sore! I thought i was being kicked but she was also head down so more likely a punch and its hitting a nerve or something..

Prob will stay head down if hes been head down till now? Your midwife will be able to tell you if at all engaged yet? some babies do engage really early, those pains can be that too!

10. Beautywithin

Thanks ladies

so if bubs is engaged already , does that mean there is a chance he will come early? or is that just wishful thinking lol x

11. Ash_P

Ash_P Due Feb with 1st

How u feeling this morning hun? My LO has been lying head down for weeks now, and last time I was at hospital told me i was 1/5 engaged but so far nothing else has happened, so im not stressing anymore.
    Just take each day as it comes. I know its getting uncomfortable and we are getting less mobile, but the longer he is in there the better cooked he will be for u hun x

12. Beautywithin

^^^

Hey hun, im doing fine this morning, anytime after 37 weeks is fine with me, i wouldnt want him coming earlier then that :)

p.s text me, i saw your facebook status, want to know what name you have decided on :)

x