• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Shop bought baby food...

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
I feed leo shop bought purrees atm....his fave is ella's kitchen, all varieties.
I know he loves them and woofs it down but I feel like a bad mummy cos I dont 'home cook' his food!
I just dont have time:dohh: With 3 other kids, dogs, huge house and various jobs to do I just cannot fit it in!

Is he ok on shop bought food? Does it have everything he needs in it?

for maddi she has the mostly my own cooked food, but i do jars maybe once/twice a week, for convenience, we use jars (hipp) and tbh she loves them!

personally i think weather you do all jars or all home cooked, i don't think it matters, imo i don't think there is anything wrong with the jars, in fact i sometimes think maddi prefers them :dohh: and i think they are perfect for them! they contain everything they need, and looks yummy!

I'm sure he'll be fine. It can make them fussy eaters later though if you don't introduce at least "some" homecooked stuff as they get used to the very pureed texture and a lot of babyfood (regardless of what it says on the jar) taste the same:dohh:.

I have 4 kids all aged 6 and under and I mix homecooked and bought foods:happydance:. Yesterday Erin had some carrot and swede mash that I'd frozen in some small bowls with lids, it wasn't made specifically for her it was leftover veg from Sunday lunch....things like that. Mashed banana just takes a bit of mashing with a fork and add a drop of milk to make it smoother. Fingerfoods of toast. Puree some leftover mash with a bit of meat and veg from Sunday Lunch and add a bit of milk or water to make it thinner (don't add gravy as it's too salty) then freeze in individual portions for baby.

You don't have to stand and cook a million batches of different babyfood, just don't add salt to your veg, potatoes, pasta etc and you can whizz up portions and freeze it:hugs:

Thanks girls..

I am going to try and prepare some food myself for him and freeze them for my convenience.

I hope to introduce BLW once he can grab and hold stuff himself (ive had to wean early due to reflux) and hope to switch over completely to that.

I used jars a lot until H started on finger foods, and I still usually mix a fruit jar in with her breakfast. It's all good :)

Ive only just changed over from Jars to homemade food.

And in no way are you a bad Mummy for using jars. My Leo loves jars too but I just thought to myself I PHYSICALLY have got the time to cook for him so I'm doing my best. But you have 3 other kids to run around after too so I wouldnt worry.

And as you say you are doing BLW, maybe when you do the tea for the other kids he can just have bits of what they have and pick at it himself.

x

If I were you Jacqui and under pressure of time and the kids etc. I'd just keep back anything suitable from what you and the kids are having like Heather said. Keep left over veg and bits of meat etc and mash and freeze it. We just got into the habit of cookng without salt so that left overs werent wasted. :)

what you like! Your not a bloody bad mummy :dohh:
(will only reply with what others have said so just wanted to tell you off ;) )

nothing wrong with jars hun especially stuff like the ella pouches, archies had many of them before he was 6 months
your a good mum behave, leo is a happy babba

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"