Shopping for Baby Boy

truthbtold

Reaction score
Am I the only one dreading shopping for more boy clothes?? I thought throwing out the hammy downs and going shopping would cheer me up a little but now I cant even drag myself to the store. Maybe online shopping is the better option atleast I can avoid the girl section right?:nope:

I've found it frustrating, because it seems no one puts any effort into boys clothes. I've had a heap of stunning things custom made on online 'handmade' shop, my sister has done bassinet blankets and cuddlies for him as well :) I've had to really search but I've really found some super cute things :) I got rid of a lot of my two older boys things as they are 5 and 4 years older.
I know it's hard, I wish boys had more attention paid to them in the clothing department.

See I had trouble holding back because I do really like boy clothes, and I had/have SO much in the way of hand me downs that it wasn't worth spending too much on baby clothes for DS4. BUT it is so hard walking into the clothing shops when right at the front you have pink, all down one side you have pink, right across the back you have pink, in the corner is neutral and down the other side is blue. There isn't as much choice for boys and I am fed up buying the same stuff all the time, even if it is really cute.

It is hard. I went shopping the other day and ended up too depressed to buy anything. I'm going to try again today. With this baby I'm going to focus on gender neutral clothing/colors. I think that will help because I'm just so sick of blue.

Im sick of blue also, I told DH today that all the other boys came home in a blue outfit. This time I am thinking gray, green or yellow.

I don't like pink makes me want to vomit in my mouth a little :haha: so if I had a daughter she'd never be in pink any way mostly whites/purples/blues. It's not even the fact that girls clothes are cuter it's that they have SO much more stuff to choose from as you said rows and rows but only one row for boys.
I crack it every time I go to the shops and feel like screaming the place down 'WHERE ARE THE BOYS CLOTHES? WHY ARE THEY ALL SO UGLY?' If I was good at sewing I'd start my own boys clothes/accessories line.
Anyway I've got a niece, god daughter and my BFF is having a girl a few months after me, so I still get to have a ponder in the girls section for them :)

I find boy shopping frustrating. Just the other day I was looking for open toed sandals for DS#2. I went to SIX places before I found what I was looking for. Three out of those 6 places had ONE choice only for a boys sandal, yet there were literally rows of choices for girls sandals. I find I have this same problem for anything boy I am looking for. That same day I was also looking for baby clothes for DS3# on the way and wow, I came home with just 2 sleepers. The selection is terrible. It seems like its gotten worse, not better. Yet the girl section is always packed with so many options you would have to stand there for a while to decide which ones you want! It makes me so mad. I ended up ordering a few pieces for my upcoming boy online. If anyone knows of any websites that have cute baby boy clothes, please let me know!

I always love shopping for my boys. We've been team yellow all 3 times and would be again and shopping neutral is no fun! lol All the smallest baby clothes we have/had (I have kept the best bits lol) were in white, yellow, beige and cream with a dusting of reds, greens and browns and the occasional blue bit as girls can get away with blue much easier than boys can pink (although we do have some pink bedding I got cheap! lol). The neutral stuff is almost an after-thought by the stockist/buyers as most people find out nowadays so the whites and yellows are for us weirdo's! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->