• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Shopping logistics?

Flower

Reaction score
Hey girls,

Just wondered how you find shopping with your LO. I've got a separate car seat and buggy, so I've only ever been shopping to large supermarkets that have the shopping trolley where you can put the car seat on top.

There is no way I could carry the car seat round the shop as its just sooo heavy!

My other option is to transfer LO from car seat to buggy, which would wake him up and make him grumpy. Also how do you cope shopping in a supermarket with only a basket - not a trolley (as obv. you can't push a trolley and a buggy) - what do you do when you need to buy a lot or buy lots of heavy things?

Any advice appreciated!

No advice I'm afraid, I always go with OH, couldn't bear the thought of going on my own!

Sorry no advice... not attempted it without someone with me just yet..... Tesco home delivery !!! :) xx

I clip the carseat onto the trolley where the childrens seat is. I shop every week on my own with my lo and its fine. I tried to use the trolley with the big flat tray for the carseat to go into but it made the trolley too heavy and I couldn't see where I was going.

I pop Bren into the baby bjorn, and shop that way. When he was much smaller, I loved the bjorn because I could lower it enough to get him on the breast, so he just nursed as we shopped, and I would put a blanket over him. Now he is big enough to face forward, and he loves looking at all the colors in the produce section and grab the cart handle. If he is tired I just turn him around and he falls asleep. This is the easiest way to grocery shop with a baby!

Places where i shop always have trolleys with the baby seats on. I just chuck my daughter in it and shop. Talk to her while im whizzing round and soon enough she has fallen asleep.

Same as lcside.I clip her carseat on the shopping cart (trolley) where the children seat,it's pretty simple.
So far I have only been shopping once and I haven't yet worked out the logistics for when she's older,I'm hoping this will still work :lol:

so far I've done:
car seat in trolley
baby in baby seat in trolley
baby in pushchair and hooking basket around my elbow bit of my arm OR the handle of the pushchair
baby in sling

I have to say, for a small shop, I find pushchair with the basket quite easy. Baby in sling is great too but I sometimes find getting stuff (like my purse out) harder...but that's just because I get flustered and clumsy!

I was wondering how the heck I was going to do this - so we have decided that Saturday morning will be my time to do the grocery shopping and weekly cleaning and OH will have daddy and daughter time, so I can get around without having to worry about baby - although I'm sure there will come a time when I have to take LO on my own. Ahh!

Home delivery for the large shops is the best!

OMG I hate grocery shopping alone with Erica. It seems like she is a perfect angel when I'm with DH shopping, but when it's just the two of us, she decides to throw fits! Usually I put her infant seat in the shopping cart. Our Safeway now has smaller carts that has a basket on the top part, and on the bottom part. I put her in the top basket, and the groceries on the bottom part. I've used our Bjorn and that worked well too, I just dont like using it that much. If we are going to the mall to shop I just put her in her stroller and she does ok... I learned my lesson tho the first time I brought her stroller to the grocery store. Even with DH it was a pain. Not doing that again.

I'm gonna have to check out Safeway delivery.. My BFFs parents do it, and it seems a lot more convenient.

get it delivered! it's worth the fiver delivery charge...would probably cost that in petrol anyway! i try to get the delivery chap to put it away for me too...not happened so far!!

I'd say with one baby I'd use a sling or get a trolley with a baby seat. Shopping is fun to say the least with two babies in tow. The actual shopping itself is absolutely fine, it's the getting from the car to the trolley that's hell on earth.

When they were babies I had no choice but to leave them locked in the car while I sprinted off for one of the very few double baby seat trolleys. Now they are into the toddler seats, it has severly limited my choice of supermarkets as not that many have double toddler seats. WTF is that about?! You don't have to have twins to have 2 toddlers.

Now I think I have it sorted. I skip the mother and baby spots and head for the back end of the carpark and park right next to a trolley park. That way leaving them in the car to get a trolley is nothing of a job and they are straight from car to trolley without us having to walk anywhere.

They love the shop itself. We get loads of fuss from people and they like grabbing at stuff and wanging my shopping all over. LOL!

We do our shopping once a month (well our big shopping anyways). We don't own a car so do an auto-share program for our shopping and it's an all day affair. Because of this we do go together, thank goodness. The first time we went we made the mistake of not taking the stroller, and putting Hannah in the basket--she hated it. I ended up carrying her through most of the stores (carried 11 pounds around for about 5 hours :wacko:) This month we took the stroller and she was just fine the entire time. Will definitely take it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"