shops are VERY biased towards girls clothes

sueh81

Mummy to 1 & 1 on the way
Reaction score
i didn't realise it was the same for baby girls as us ladies lol!!
I went shopping on saturday and sunday to get some lovely boys outfits after our gender scan and couldn't believe the rows and rows of girls clothes compared to the tiny section of boys clothes up the corner!!

Its even harder to find neutral clothes! unfortunately its a yellow bump here and shopping is a nightmare

Yeah, neutral clothes that are nice are very hard to come by :(

its annoying isnt it? my son is small as well, so i have to be careful where i shop and what i buy because some clothes are huge on him hes 3 and wears age 18-24m! i find next to be the best

It's not fair is it? I do have a lot of really cute clothes luckily...but a lot were given as 2nds from other people. The cute clothes usually cost money. At places like walmart that have affordable clothes, the boys clothes usually suck or they have hardly any!! My sister has 2 girls and she can buy the cutest outfits for very cheap!

My mummy friends who have boys are always saying this. They also complain about the fact that the boy clothes are often pretty dull too. At the mo I get to skip around the rows of girls clothes but I know it will be a challenge if baby no2 is a boy! X

Its even harder to find neutral clothes! unfortunately its a yellow bump here and shopping is a nightmare

we got some gorgeous neutral clothes from next, m&s and boots before we found out what we were having x

I totally agree!! The section for boys is almost non existent. I'd be bankrupt if I was shopping for a girl lol xx

I agree...after having 2 boys I am having a girl.....there are loads more clothes for girls and you can find loads more bargains on ebay for girls clothes! Boys clothes seem to be either beige, green or blue and have either dinosaurs or monkeys on them!

I totally agree! I have 5 nephews and only 1 niece and it was always so much easier to find clothes for her. Now that we're looking for clothes for our own baby without knowing what it is yet, I think it's even harder to find neutral clothes though! I've been specifically looking for neutral stuff just so I can buy something, but I can't find anything cute. :(

Mothercare is a joke. I don't like their children's clothes for either sex, only the baby clothes, but even so, there is easily a lot lot more stuff for girls than boys.

I agree...after having 2 boys I am having a girl.....there are loads more clothes for girls and you can find loads more bargains on ebay for girls clothes! Boys clothes seem to be either beige, green or blue and have either dinosaurs or monkeys on them!

Try finding nice girls clothes with monkeys on them. Our little one is very into monkeys and just loves monkey pjs. Most of the time I just buy boys stuff but as others have said, it often isn't all that nice.

finding cute boys clothes that dont all look the same is a mission esp on a budget im so thankful my Step MIL gave us clothes going from 4-5 yrs up to 7-8 years for the boys from her son and that she brought them outside the UK cause everywhere its the same patterns and colors

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->