• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Short cycles, 21/22 days?

xMissxZoiex

Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo
Reaction score
Is anyone else TTC with short cycles?, I've always had 32 day cycles but the last 3 months its been 21/22 days!, Worried its going to impact us conceiving.

I’ve always has short cycles (21-24 days). Do you know if it’s from a short luteal phase? In general, I O early and have a short LP. Turns out my TSH and Prolactin levels were off.

Last month I got a PEAK on clearblue advanced at CD10, it was the first test I'd taken so I'd assumed it was just a false positive, my LP has always been 12 days so last months peak at CD 10 and cycle length was 22 so it adds up really. Previous to 3 months ago I would ovulate CD 19/20 and a 32 day cycle!.

I'm going to give it a few more months and if it hasn't worked for us then I will go and ask for my levels to be checked.

Did you struggle to get pregnant the first time?.

In that case there shouldn’t be any trouble with an early O. I conceived my daughter with O on cd 10. A monitored cycle revealed that I just start recruiting follicles early, so they get to full maturity early. My problem was the 10 day LP. I went through a year of ttc and two failed pregnancies before getting help and conceiving my daughter on the first cycle of treatment.

Fingers crossed, I've just bought a new more accurate thermometer and some more OPKs, I'm normally waiting weeks before O lol so must get at it as soon as AF has left!!.

Good luck!, hope you get your BFP!!!

My cycle last year was about 27 days on average but this year has been getting shorter & shorter but my ovulation day has stayed the same. I always seem to ovulate day 15 & the last few months I've had around 22-24 day cycle! Ive been TTC for 10 months now plus a few months before that NTNP.

Have you been to your GP yet for your levels testing?

I’m first cycle off bc, so I can’t say for sure the length of my cycles yet. But I ov’d on CD11 going by opk and ov pains. I’m 4DPO now and judging by a 12-14 LP (hopefully!), I’ll have a 24ish day cycle. If i even just calculated that all correctly :haha:

I went to see my doctor about it a few weeks ago & had a blood test done. Everything came back fine but it was done right at the beginning of my cycle so I think I need to go back & ask for the day 21 one to be done now. I was also referred for a scan but knowing what my local hospital is like for appointments I will be waiting a while!

I’m first cycle off bc, so I can’t say for sure the length of my cycles yet. But I ov’d on CD11 going by opk and ov pains. I’m 4DPO now and judging by a 12-14 LP (hopefully!), I’ll have a 24ish day cycle. If i even just calculated that all correctly :haha:

Good luck Momof2!! <3

I went to see my doctor about it a few weeks ago & had a blood test done. Everything came back fine but it was done right at the beginning of my cycle so I think I need to go back & ask for the day 21 one to be done now. I was also referred for a scan but knowing what my local hospital is like for appointments I will be waiting a while!

Yea from what I remember the CD21 bloods test progesterone which helps you LP I think!. good luck! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"