Short Cycles after Implanon (21 days)

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by TVG, Nov 18, 2011.

1. TVG

TVG Well-Known Member

Hi everyone

Since I had my Implanon implant removed my cycles have been no longer than 21 days!
    My question mainly, is would I even be able to get pregnant with my cycles being that short?! I thought that a fertilised egg needs 14 days to be able to implant, now unless i'm OVing on CD7 (so 2-3 days after my period ends) how would this work??

I'm thinking I need to use OPKs this month to work out whats going on :shrug:

If anyone has got their :bfp: with such short cycles i'd love to hear from you

xx

2. Hi - Was just googling this exact query and your post came up. I have the same problem...20/21 day periods after having Implanon taken out on 4th Oct 2011. I see your preggo so congratulations....Just wondered if you had any words of advice to as whatever you have done worked!! Did your AF sort itself out or did you get preggo on a 21 day cycle...

3. TVG

TVG Well-Known Member

Just spotted this reply :)

I ended up having cycles of length 21, 21, 23, 26 and then BFP! On the one I got my BFP I believe I ovulated on CD11 (so quite early). I didn't take or do anything to make them longer, just left them be but I "believe" Vitamin B6 can help lengthen them. All the best! X