Short LP after BCP?

Tammy77

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I came off of the pill and just had my first real AF. It feels like I'm starting all over with them since I hadn't had one in 2+ years! :wacko: Anyhow, I charted and did opks, so I know that I ovulated on CD 27 (not bad) but my LP was only 9 days.

Is that normal? I know it's short and I've tried to do some research, but I haven't found much in terms of if that's common for the first month or so, or if it's a red flag at this point.

I'd LOVE to hear from anyone that doesn't mind sharing their experiences. Thanks!!

It's probably short because you just got off bcp. Your LP may be a little weird at first, but eventually it should become more consistent and will probably get longer. I wouldn't worry unless it's 9 again next cycle. When I got off bcp, my LP was fine and never changed. I've heard it has happened to quite a few women though xx

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I would love to chart this month, but I made a deal w/DH to not chart at his request. I'm happy with NTNP at this point, but curiosity does me in every time! :blush:

Tell him it's to help you understand what's going on with your body.. to see if you're even ovulating. Charting BBT will not tell you when you're going to ovulate, but will tell you 3 days afterwards.. so it is still like NTNP in a way :winkwink: It will make things much less stressful, and it will let you know if you've BD'ed in the fertile window xx

Tell him you need to chart to see how long your LP is because if you have a short LP it will prevent you from sustaining a pregnancy. Its not going to help you getting pregnant because it only tells you ovulation has occured after the fact. I would take a vitamin B6 with a B complex to lengthen your LP. Everything I have read almost says they need to be taken together.

I second you taking a B complex. You can take 50mg to 200mg. I stopped the BCP 8 months ago and still have a short LP but didn't realise until I started using OPKs and temping 2 cycles ago. I wish I'd started charting and taking B complex earlier. I was on the BCP for 12 years. This cycle I started taking 100mg once a day in the morning. Get a reputable brand. I take solgar.

Good luck.

Well the B6 is what lenghthens your LP. But it wont work correctly if you dont take it with a B complex, so you and Bean66 both should take both of them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->